Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I do LOVE those boots!

Spill it girlfriend! What else?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh talked me into these ruby slippers, but they haven't arrived yet.  They were shipped from England.

ARIZONA 1013634 (Nar) Ladies Birko-Flor Two Strap Sandals Magic Snake Bordeaux

Honored Contributor

It was teacher appreciation week, so I did appreciate myself enough to buy a few things. Cat LOL

@lolakimono   Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

6DA01DBE-D8D7-4761-B259-070E79DEDF77.jpeg

This arrived and it’s really great...I love it.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Was teachers appreciation week previously called teacher recognition week.

Eons ago like 55 years ago my dear Mom was Parents Association present and she would organize a luncheon for all the teachers I think she did this in both my elementary school and junior high. She was an amazing woman

@lolakimono wrote:

Good morning @Bird mama @jackthebear @I am still oxox 

@Snicks1 @Jtdmum @godi @meallen616 and anyone else I missed who didn't appear in the dropdown box.

I went out for HH, which lasted until 8:30 with my former coworkers (including work spouse) and then BF joined us too, so we stayed for dinner.  Pusses didn't like that we were away all day, so they were frisky at 11, 12, 1:30, etc. so by the time I got up today it was like getting up early to take a flight to nowhere.

It was teacher appreciation week, so I did appreciate myself enough to buy a few things. Cat LOL

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat 05/11/19

[ Edited ]

Good morning, Style Sisters!

Boy, it sure is chilly and windy this morning ... we're expecting more rain this weekend, as well.   

It's been a sad week for our block.  We lost another neighbor who succumbed after a heart attack.   We're a group of "aging in place" seniors who raised our kids here and decided for numerous reasons not to leave the neighborhood ... so we've known each other for decades.

My son and daughter-in-law are taking both mothers out to a for an early dinner ... the "other mother" and I retired the same year and are good friends ...

(Seems I'm not able to post the pic of the top I got from J Crew ...)

Edit:  Here is the top I purchased ... it'll go with the Patricia Nash tartan tote I got last fall but have not yet used:

velvet tank top in stewart tartan - women's shirts, right side, view zoomed

Patricia Nash Toscano Foiled Tartan Leather Tote

Honored Contributor
@Bird mama, just this week alone......started off on Monday with my annual doc apptmt, shouldn't have been a big deal, but she 'heard' something in my carotid artery and wants me to have a lung cancer screening/x-ray, plus I have a gangling cyst on my inside wrist that I asked her about getting removed, so many apptmts to follow, lol, then after that fun visit went to do a major food shopping thing which always wears me out. Tuesday I bought plants and spent most of the day getting them planted. Wednesday did my older brother's shopping and took him for his annual cancer checkup, about a 150 mile round trip. He has trouble walking and breathing at the same time, this time, for the first time, he did allow me to use one of their wheelchairs to help him. Pending his blood test results, he is 7 years cancer free, so yay for that, but again, it's exhausting to get him there and back, not complaining though, glad I can help him out. Thursday I had many of my own errands to run and tried to get my house cleaned and laundry caught up, Friday, had the ultrasound on the artery situation (just minor damage, the only recommendation was to continue taking baby aspirin), then made the 80 mile round trip to my parents gravesite to clean it up and take new flowers. In between all these things, been trying to do more yard work, as our spring has been very rainy and wet, so I still have stuff to do out there, but I am creeping in to getting things finished up out there (if one is ever finished up, lol).
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 I'm glad the carotid artery concern is treatable with aspirin.  I'm sending good thoughts about the chest x-ray.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
@Bird mama, thanks. I have no symptoms, it's just something she said I was eligible to have and she wanted me to do so. I'm not worried about it, as I wasn't worried about the carotid artery thing either, just knew on that one, that I needed to get it checked, don't want a stroke or heart attack, for sure. Gotta be able to help others.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

That is very sad about your beloved neighbor😭

Your neighborhood sounds like a fine group that really stuck together!  That is s rare and precious thing💗