Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA

Are you one of the posters who knits?   I apologize if I've confused you with someone else, but...would you look at the gorgeous sleeve treatment on this sweater!!!?!!   Do you know what kind of stitch that is?  I'm in awe of this!  If it was a few inches longer, and I had a spare $975 laying around, I'd buy it...Burberry at Nordstrom...

Main Image - Burberry Tolman Aran Knit Sweater

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Wow that's amazing. The front is Aran, but I've never seen sleeves like that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Yes, it's called Tolman Aran Knit Sweater.  I don't know what makes a sweater "Aran."   Is it the stitch or pattern?   I would probably know that if I had ever watched an Irish sweater show with...is it Jane R-T?  Obviously, I'm ignorant about knitting (my Grandmother would be mortified lol) and Irish sweaters.  Smiley Embarassed

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Gosh @MacDUFF, GOSH!  That's geogeous!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If that is a hand knit sweater and it looks like it could be $975 is a bargain.  The sleeves look like some version of a cable knit, certainly the inside of the sleeve on the left one is cable knit.  But I don't know how they get the 4 rows.  You can always wait for a sale--LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21

Yes, it's called Tolman Aran Knit Sweater.  I don't know what makes a sweater "Aran."   Is it the stitch or pattern?   I would probably know that if I had ever watched an Irish sweater show with...is it Jane R-T?  Obviously, I'm ignorant about knitting (my Grandmother would be mortified lol) and Irish sweaters.  Smiley Embarassed

I think it's the stitch and pattern, not sure. I'm not a knitter at all but I'm Irish. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I think it is because the Aran Isles was the home of the fisherman who wore these sweaters

The knit pattern helped them identify the body, of those who had perished at sea. Each family or clan, had their own stitches and patterns

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

They are all types of cable stitches.   Go to Amazon and "look inside" some of the "knitting cables" books.  Lily Chin's "Power Cables" is one of my faves.

For the sleeves, it looks like the cables are done using two balls of yarn and braided.

Not difficult, but time-consuming.   The price isn't bad if it's handmade.