Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   I realized it was posted in Fashion uin error and asked MODS to move it. I also put a message in Beauty to look here.

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Someone asked about PR.

I'm not an influencer, no YouTube channel and certainly not famous. 

If however a company knows my profession and sees huge orders of a skincare brand or makeup, they may reach out and suggest sending some other products to try. This happened with DRMTLGY and so far I've loved everything...especially the Needless Serum. I've recommended other products here.

I also received Bobbi Brown, Jones Road (not thrilled) and a few products from RMS and Westman Atiler from a friend in Atlanta that I met at last year's "conference".  After ordering a lot of  Skinceuticals , they sent a new to me moisturizer the Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2. I love it and recommend it. I use it twice a day in this dry weather...quite emollient, so not sure about the warmer months here.

MUAs friends at large department stores also send me samples of makeup to try. 

I always test new products and makeup on myself for at least 6 weeks (if skincare especially) before suggesting it to clients or here on the forum. 

I always make it clear that I do not want to be obligated to love it and recommend it. If that's their goal, I do not  accept the offer. 

Love to see some photos of your "work."