Honored Contributor

A96742 One of my favorite tops to layer over

[ Edited ]

Susan Graver butterknit is so much better than liquid knit and I have this top in several colors to use as a base to layer a jacket , sweater or just an open shirt over. The sleeves aren't too long and neither is the shirt length. Makes a much trimmer, nicer look than a tee. I have about 6 of these. Too bad she doesn't have it in pure white as I would own a few. The white she has IMO is not pretty, it's sorta greyish.

Respected Contributor

Re: A96742 One of my favorite tops to layer over

I just got my first one of this top, in hot pink.  It's a couple of bucks more than I like to spend for a simple polyester top, but it fits nicely in a small (my usual size), feels good on.  The short sleeves are good for layering because the sleeves don't add too much bulk, but if you need to take off the jacket, your arms aren't bare.

I got it to wear with A273450 Open Front Cardigan in black.

Honored Contributor

Women's Ultimate Crew Tee - Merona™58% cotton, 39% modal, 3% spandex (lots of colors)

$7.00 Target. They do have 100% cotton but you seemed to like the blend for the fit...

I've had great luck with the basics; v necks and tanks....but I generally go for the 100% cotton myself.

Honored Contributor

To me that looks casual like a t shirt. The Susan Graver top looks like a shell, to be worn with a sweater or jacket not as a casual shirt with capris and flip flops.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

To me that looks casual like a t shirt. The Susan Graver top looks like a shell, to be worn with a sweater or jacket not as a casual shirt with capris and flip flops.

Interesting . To my eye they both look like t-shirts; one a cotton blend and the other a poly...and since you said you liked them for layering I thought it a practical dupe.

My mistake...

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo  Thanks for the mention of the Target shirt.  Looks a little nicer than the usual all-cotton tee.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the Target shirt, for the price difference, if I'm going to use it under a jacket or sweater, I don't see the SG shirt being that much better, if at all. But I'm not a fan of the butterknit. To each their own.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

These type tops are not long enough for me.  I would have to layer again by wearing a skinny tee.  That is nice fabric, and I agree there is a difference in the feel of the fabric compared to a regular tee shirt.   With that said, why is it that I grab a regular tee shirt instead of these nicer pieces?  They are certainly in my closet, but I don't wear them.  Ugh.  Hate that. 

Honored Contributor

I wear this with dress pants or a skirt and don't want anything hanging out the bottom like a skinny tee.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know how the Target shirts run, size wise? I couldn't find a size chart! I am a small in QVC sizes, but am thinking I would definitely be a medium in a Target size.