the aztec prints are awesome!

waiting for it to go on sale

i might get both!

sgaztecnavy.jpg

sgaztectan.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Re: A522791 Susan Graver Weekend Polar Fleece Pullover in Prints & Solids

@TheMemphisVette    I ordered this in navy this morning.  I'll be returning the Canyon Retreat fleece jacket.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette  Very cute! Thanks for posting

Respected Contributor

Very nice. I like it in both colors.  Strange thing for me is, I love the look, also the Denim and Co. Retreat pieces.  I rarely buy because, being born and raised in the mid Atlantic area, I'm almost 65 and lived my life in the same little Philadelphia neighborhood, worked in the city too. Never lived in any other part of the country.  I always feel like a big faker, or liar, or someone pretending to be someone that I am not, if I were to wear Southwestern style clothing.  Does anyone else feel that way?  maybe I should just go ahead and make a purchase if it makes me happy.  Going to sleep now,  friends, will see if anyone comments in the morning.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1    No, I take great joy in occasionally showing up at my sister's house in the Philly 'burbs decked out in my Western Wear and a full load of Southwestern jewelry.  It's.  fun to stand out from an ultra conservative crowd.  What could be more symbolic of American culture?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Very nice. I like it in both colors.  Strange thing for me is, I love the look, also the Denim and Co. Retreat pieces.  I rarely buy because, being born and raised in the mid Atlantic area, I'm almost 65 and lived my life in the same little Philadelphia neighborhood, worked in the city too. Never lived in any other part of the country.  I always feel like a big faker, or liar, or someone pretending to be someone that I am not, if I were to wear Southwestern style clothing.  Does anyone else feel that way?  maybe I should just go ahead and make a purchase if it makes me happy.  Going to sleep now,  friends, will see if anyone comments in the morning.  Thanks.

@PhilaLady1 - You will see this tomorrow morning! LOL!

To me, southwestern style is a state of mind. I grew up in the southeast and the mid-Atlantic area, always near water. As long as I can remember I loved turquoise. It's my birthstone. My dad traveled to New Mexico a lot for business. When I was around 12, I decided this was my style. As a teenager I dressed in denim a lot, wore cowboy boots, and carried an armadillo bag. 

We did eventually move to Texas, and would have stayed, but family and job situations called us back to the East Coast. 

If it makes you happy wear the clothes  I do!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love Susan Graver's polar fleece jackets and have many of them.  But although I like this polar fleece pullover, I learned my lesson last year when I purchased a Denim & Co pullover fleece top that I bought because I really liked the print and also like D&C fleece jackets.

The pullover made me way too hot tho and much as I liked it, I could not wear it as a top and I am one who is usually cold.  I think the SG fleece in a pullover would be the same.  Now if this came in a jacket I would buy it in a minute.  It is really cute.

Trusted Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@PhilaLady1  Faker or liar? No way. I was born and raised in the Mid Atlantic states  too. I still live there. I have worn the South Western look for decades. I just love it. Always did. For me, it started when I was in High School. Just loved the boldness and freedom it all represented to me. I enjoy fashion that is left of center than what most people wear. I am a strong individual and wear what I want.

If you like something, buy it and wear it proud. Life is short. Go for it. If not now, when? Philly is a very progressive city. You probably won't even stand out so much. Give it a whirl. It might be freeing for you too. Best of luck shopping for something you like.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I never thought about that.  I just wear what I like.  I have turquoise pieces too and always liked that look.  

I think where you live influences your style but nothing wrong with variety.  If I lived in the areas that showed these items more in stores I would probably have more.   

Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I love Susan Graver's polar fleece jackets and have many of them.  But although I like this polar fleece pullover, I learned my lesson last year when I purchased a Denim & Co pullover fleece top that I bought because I really liked the print and also like D&C fleece jackets.

The pullover made me way too hot tho and much as I liked it, I could not wear it as a top and I am one who is usually cold.  I think the SG fleece in a pullover would be the same.  Now if this came in a jacket I would buy it in a minute.  It is really cute.

I find the same for me and sherpa  too.  It wasn't cold enough for me to wear as a shirt.  I'm always cold at the office during winter and I was roasting.  I need the jacket style as well.