Honored Contributor

Re: A452597 upcoming Cuddl Duds shacket

I have one of those (similar). Plaids do not exactly match. I really like it. It is perfect for runnimg outside to feed birds,etc. I only paid about $4.00 for it.(Goodwill). If I had to pay the Q price I would want the plaids to match. The brand is Boston Traders and does not have a zipper.

Honored Contributor

Googled the Boston Traders jacket. Couldn't find the womens jackets (I know this is female,buttons on the girls side.) Anyway it is $125.00.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally found womens-they are around $80.00. So,whats my point? I really like it.

Trusted Contributor

Easy pass NOT a fan of plaids, and it's WAY overpriced. I saw something similar to this jacket in Costco a while ago. It was $14.99 and better-looking than the Cuddl Duds.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@gertrudecloset ...........The term shacket has been around for quite a while and QVC did not "invent" it.  Its a description that is used on many clothing sites.  It means it can be worn as a shirt or a jacket whatever the buyer prefers.

Thank you!  But where did I say QVC coined this phrase @Imaoldhippie ?  I didn't....

My opinion remains: no matter who gave it this name; it's silly and was done to induce interest.  It is either a thick big shirt or a jacket.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I do see where the plaid is not aligned along the buttons.  This would be a problem for "me" if I wore plaid.  Something like this has not utility for me and the climate I live in.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset .......Sorry it took so long for me to answer but I was gone for a week then I could not sign into the forums.

I thought you meant that the Q coined the word shacket.  My error.  I agree its kind of a silly word.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@On It jacket is cute,but I wouldn't button it either. This would be cute with cuddle duds fleece leggings.i have several pairs of them

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@gertrudecloset .......Sorry it took so long for me to answer but I was gone for a week then I could not sign into the forums.

I thought you meant that the Q coined the word shacket.  My error.  I agree its kind of a silly word.

I couldn't get on here either.  I think that's the case for a lot of us.  Thanks for responding @Imaoldhippie 

Honored Contributor

Okay, I received it a few days ago.  Since I have several pieces of Cuddl Duds fleecewear, I had to try this.  

It's a generously cut casual jacket.  If I had been in a store trying on a couple different sizes, I probably would have gone down one size, but it's not really an issue and I won't exchange it.  I prefer my fleece to be a smidge larger than normal.   I don't think the pockets sewn into the side seams makes them too far back.  IMO, I  think they did that to avoid it looking like the wearer has a large tummy.

I bought the black so it goes with anything.  I will use it as my go-to chilly weather jacket.  Actually, it would also make a nice lap blanket while watching TV.    LOL