Esteemed Contributor

I actually want this cardigan. It's so cute and pretty. Seems like it would be great for when your in air conditioning in the summer. I am very cold blooded so think it would be great. I want the ivory and mocha color. All the colors are pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Here's something I made recently - it's knitted, but several people though it was crocheted because of the squares!  

I haven't worn it yet - it's too pretty to cover up under a coat  

IMG_1127.jpg

@ALRATIBA This is absolutely gorgeous, a showstopper for sure.   Love the use of color!

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at the picture

and it is shocking to me that David as the alleged "manufacturer" couldn't be bothered to correct the mistake on air.  

Even people like me, not as sophisticated about crochet, can easily tell this is machine made knit because of the finished borders.

My grandmother used to crochet when I was little.  This was 40 something years ago.  She would make us beautiful hats that we would wear in 90 degree weather in tropical Puerto Rico!  She had a lot of grandchildren (10 children!), so I guess shawls were too much for her...  We would have had more use for shawls, but we never got any, just hats.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Interesting of use of single rows of color.  Love it.

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Andreatoo 

IMG_0896.JPG

This is a section of a "real" crocheted sweater.  I made it myself with yarn and a crochet hook!

interesting use of single rows of color and stitching to achieve zigzag.

I was this old before I stumbled on moss stitch.  Having been reminded I owe someone an afghan, might search more patterns. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's amazing @ALRATIBA !  It's like a knitted version of granny squares.  Beautiful!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you!

The yarn is Red Heart Roll With It Melange - the color is Show Time.