Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

IMG_0896.JPG

This is a section of a "real" crocheted sweater.  I made it myself with yarn and a crochet hook!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

This is what we have to do to get you to post your work?! LOL

I know you are well aware that what's in retail isn't hand done because you yourself know the work involved and what it would cost to purchase something crocheted by hand. What I posted was crochet and not knit? I don't delude myself that somebody's hand crocheted it

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I will cancel my order if you make this for me! LOL

B0B3361C-EACC-43FB-8C46-B17485723952.png

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

True.  At the minimal hourly rate of $15 (plus pattern, yarn and overhead) .... a simple sweater would cost several hundred dollars.

-----------------------------------------------------

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

This is what we have to do to get you to post your work?! LOL

I know you are well aware that what's in retail isn't hand done because you yourself know the work involved and what it would cost to purchase something crocheted by hand. What I posted was crochet and not knit? I don't delude myself that somebody's hand crocheted it

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Andreatoo , I'm not @ALRATIBA  but I knit and crochet too.  Honestly, your picture looks more like some sort of lace.  It's not crochet.  But it sure is pretty!!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: A397742 - Crochet?

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags 

I think the pattern can be crocheted but boy would it be tedious as heck! The cuffs and hem not so much

But for the record I'm just as annoyed as @ALRATIBA  with the misleading descriptions!

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Back in the dinosaur days I crocheted with a thin string - baby booties and bibs, stuff like that.  It always gave me a headache, even though I was only in my 20s.  Whew!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

I know how to knit and I know how to crochet I just don't know how to finish anything! LOL I'm great at afghans and potholders! Admittedly I haven't done either in years. Now my daughter on the other hand was taught by one of my cousins when she was seven or maybe six and took off with it!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Andreatoo 

IMG_0896.JPG

This is a section of a "real" crocheted sweater.  I made it myself with yarn and a crochet hook!

This is beautiful @ALRATIBA. I would love to see more of your work too.

Honored Contributor

Here's something I made recently - it's knitted, but several people though it was crocheted because of the squares!  

I haven't worn it yet - it's too pretty to cover up under a coat  

IMG_1127.jpg