Respected Contributor

Re: A396455 Denim & Co. blouse booboo

@Andreatoo wrote:

If you've ever eaten in a restaurant that didn't have a drive-through then you probably know the word Francais !
I think a lot of people would notice it

That was a tacky thing to say. French is of little to no importance to us. People in our area choose to learn Spanish as a second language since it is so much a part of our culture.

Esteemed Contributor

That's really bad.  I'm going to guess that the pattern isn't the same for all, but the first one they showed on video had it smack in front, where ones eye could naturally fall to.  Wear a shirt with iconic French scenes, but spell the name wrong.

0C5D6936-A906-45C5-8707-336D03A92CB9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

It sure is a cute shirt, and I wouldn't have noticed the spelling.  

And, I'm fairly sure that most people I'm around (well, at a distance now-a-days) wouldn't notice.   I don't know anyone who studied French.

I'll check out the new price.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I saw this blouse on D & Co this morning and thought it was really cute.  Did not take a very close look at the print.  I was tempted to order it as a birthday gift for my sister because we both love Paris and France in general and speak French.  Now that I see the spelling mistake I cannot place an order.  I can't believe that the fabric was not inspected before the garments were manufactured.  Very careless mistake which the Q is now trying to pass off on customers.  I'm sure that customers who don't know the difference will enjoy the blouse.  Just not for me. Smiley Sad

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

If you've ever eaten in a restaurant that didn't have a drive-through then you probably know the word Francais !
I think a lot of people would notice it

That was a tacky thing to say. French is of little to no importance to us. People in our area choose to learn Spanish as a second language since it is so much a part of our culture.

@On It 

Tacky??! Clearly your grasp of English isn't much better

Respected Contributor

That spelling would be a deal breaker for me. 

I'm picturing a shirt in France with American icons on it and the word "Englesh."

Honored Contributor

Just checked it out and saw this - 

223 shoppers have purchased this item in the last day!

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

That spelling would be a deal breaker for me. 

I'm picturing a shirt in France with American icons on it and the word "Englesh."

😂🤣 Best post!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

This is a cute blouse with an allover print of pictures and French words. That's great, but Francais is misspelled Fransais all over! Embarrassing! People are commenting on the item page.

I think they should pull it.

@Thats Me   Ha ha!!!!  A few months ago, I spotted a misspelling on a Haute Hippie Tribe shirt.  "Tequila" was printed as "Tequlia."  

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

That is really bad . How could this fabric be designed, purchased, cut, sewn and made into garments and presented without this

error being noticed? Could it possibly be that the mistake was

noticed, but the powers that be at the Q thought that the consumers would not notice and buy it anyway? Maybe the Q

customers were underestimated.

Another missuse or mispelling of another French word really

annoys me. How many times have you heard ( even on TV)

people saying wahlah when they mean voila?

@Enufstuff    OMG, YESSSS, THAT ONE BUGGGS ME, TOO!!!