Esteemed Contributor

I had to a couple of years ago for GS wedding and I was so uncomfortable. Of course I got a run and was even more uncomfortable. I try to avoid at all costs but older legs need help sometimes. Smiley Sad Many use self tanner instead of panty hose torture. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac 

There are some temporary leg make ups on the market that are water resistant and would seem to be easier to use than self tanner. I think Sally Hansen and Jurgens both have one

The Q sells one too but more pricy

Honored Contributor

Absolutely.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@mspatmac 

There are some temporary leg make ups on the market that are water resistant and would seem to be easier to use than self tanner. I think Sally Hansen and Jurgens both have one

Back in the day I would buy Donna Karan sheer hoisery and they were wonderful. If I was careful I could make them last for a long time.

These days, in the spring/summer if I wear a dress where my legs show, I use makeup and use a setting spray to keep it in place. To be honest, I use my mistake make up (tinted moisturizer) mixed w/ some cheap "tan" colored make up and apply to my legs. Makes my legs look really nice and it's a way to use up my mistakes. I can customize the color by the amount of the tan make up I use. 

In the winter I wear opaque tights that match my boots/skirt.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@mspatmac 

@Andreatoo  Thank you, didn't think of that when I was posting, certainly makes more sense. 

Respected Contributor

You betcha. I never got the memo that they went out but at my age, there's no way I'm going bare-legged!

Super Contributor

I haven't worn them in years! I've never had pretty legs, so I usually wear maxi dresses in hot weather and tall boots with dresses/skirts in cold weather

Honored Contributor

Bare legs for more dressy events look tacky to me.  The last time a few years ago I went to a wedding, I wore thigh high - comfortable and a more polished look.  I don't follow what some say is in  or out fashion wise - I wear what I like!!

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes for conference meetings at work, need to wear hose.  So, yes.

Respected Contributor
I haven’t worn hose in 5 years and hopefully won’t for another 5 years.