Esteemed Contributor

A386676 Dennis Basso Reversible Winter Jacket

I've been looking at the pre-sale Dennis Basso reversible winter jacket and am interested. I've purchased DB coats over the years and they have all been so well made. I don't have a problem with the price ($129.xx), but that shipping cost is crazy ($11.95).  Has anyone else taken a look at this coat?

Respected Contributor

Re: A386676 Dennis Basso Reversible Winter Jacket

I was just looking at that. All the colors are beautiful!! I put the camo one on my wishlist. Yes, I agree, the shipping is a little high for that.  I think I'll wait for the free shipping days.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few DB coats/jackets and love them all. The s&h is usally higher on coats and I'm thinking that hopefully they are using a large box instead of rolling it up in a bag.  I buy the color or style when I see it because if I don't then my size, etc. is gone in a flash. That's been my experience. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa wrote:

I have a few DB coats/jackets and love them all. The s&h is usally higher on coats and I'm thinking that hopefully they are using a large box instead of rolling it up in a bag.  I buy the color or style when I see it because if I don't then my size, etc. is gone in a flash. That's been my experience. 

Dennis Basso coats, in my experience, are always impeccably packaged, even when in clearance.  Hangers and bags.  The bags, I think, vary.

S+H charges creeping up. I remember when they took the discount of 1/2 S+H for multiple items in one order with the promise of #.50, $5.50 charges.  Now we get high S+H, no discount for multiple items.  In most websites, purchases of that amount would be FREE S+H. 

Frequent Contributor

I was checking out this jacket as well.  But when I saw the shipping cost, I hesitated.  Shipping was usually $3.50 or $5.50.  The shipping on this item is way more than other retail sites.  The max. I saw was around $7.99.  I will just wait for a free shipping day. 

Respected Contributor

The S&H is FREE now!  I love the Ivory Snow Lynx....wonder when it will be presented?  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@jannabelle1 

Please read @tsavorite post above 

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I've been looking at the pre-sale Dennis Basso reversible winter jacket and am interested. I've purchased DB coats over the years and they have all been so well made. I don't have a problem with the price ($129.xx), but that shipping cost is crazy ($11.95).  Has anyone else taken a look at this coat?

@jannabelle1 

The shipping cost is more palatable when you add it to the cost of the jacket. The jacket really cost $142. I just paid $11.95 shipping on a shirt for my husband. The upside was that it was a company that didn't charge sales tax

Respected Contributor

@jannabelle1  Shipping is free now.  In fact, I am watching the Dennis Basso show right now, and everything is beautiful!!

Frequent Contributor

I'm glad they made it shipped for free now.  I just bought the Black/Leopard one.  Can't wait to see it.