Honored Contributor

Living in Florida, Love hats with sun protection, ordered white. 

Honored Contributor

Cute!

Honored Contributor

A wide brim hat is very good sun protection.  My dad was susceptible to melanoma and he always wore a wide brim hat, especially since he was outdoors golfing, fishing, doing yard work, etc., so much.  My head gets hot and sweaty when I wear one.  They drive me nuts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I love hats! Never experienced headaches. Sorry you do. 

Honored Contributor

Hats irritate me, I don't get headaches but I am constantly aware that there is something on my head.  It's a horrible feeling.    .  

Honored Contributor

This season I've already bought two very cute sun protection hats with a 50SPF, from among many styles offered, at Marshall's.  Both were adjustable to fit differetn head sizes.

One was $12.99 and the other was $14.99 and no S&H charge of course because I went to the store in person.   Beats the heck out of the price I'd have to pay at QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

A wide brim hat is very good sun protection.  My dad was susceptible to melanoma and he always wore a wide brim hat, especially since he was outdoors golfing, fishing, doing yard work, etc., so much.  My head gets hot and sweaty when I wear one.  They drive me nuts.

@Kachina624    where you and me live at. Word to the wise. Wear sunscreen don't take chances ! half the people in my church have had

skin cancers removed. tape on noses every week. Thank God I'm not a sun or tanning bed worshipper.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the idea of being able to change the scarf and use what ever color you want.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Kachina624 

I love hats! Never experienced headaches. Sorry you do. 

@Sweet_Serenity.  I said "hot and sweaty" not headache.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624    where you and me live at. Word to the wise. Wear sunscreen don't take chances ! half the people in my church have had

skin cancers removed. tape on noses every week. Thank God I'm not a sun or tanning bed worshipper.

@SharkE   It's especially problematic at higher altitudes where the atmosphere is thinner.  I've already had one cancer removed from my face.  I've never enjoyed being in the sun but am very fair and burn easily.