Super Contributor

I am interested in the Louis dress in blue for a late May wedding in Atlanta. I have not purchased any of his pieces, but the simplicity of this particular item caught my eye. However i have no idea what this fabric looks and feels like. Does it have a sheen to it? Is it a "slinky" fabric with a crepe texture? I am not interested in really slinky like a liquid knit. (No offense to those who love Susan's liquid knit). My previous experience with that type of fabric was an unusually hot summer in Italy where wearing a slinky top and pant was very sticky and hot! Havent bought any since. 

Anyway, can someone help with the feel of this moss crepe fabric? 

Super Contributor

Re: A302606 Moss Crepe Dress

@Shiloh09 I bought the admiral blue maxi and love, love it!  I think it is definitely different than the liquid knit and I prefer it.  The surface is not shiny, but more of a matte, crepe texture.  I wear a smoothing undershort from Soma under it (no sucking in, just smoothing) and it’s perfect,  I did not find it too hot, but I am in WI.  Maybe try the petite version for a little more air circulation on the legs.

I bought the blue pompeii necklace to go with it and it’s such a cute outfit.  The pompeii necklace just came back in stock (J352559)!  My husband always raises his eyebrows when I wear this.  It is modest, of course, but it just flows around the curves in an alluring way.  I am sometimes between an XS and S, and XS definitely fit with some room.  Do not size up.  I am thinking of the chocolate to wear the nude pink pearl/faceted glass Linea necklace with.  

Good luck with your shopping.  You cannot go wrong with dear Louis!

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info...i generally wear an Xl and am 5'7.  I believe i pull off a maxi dress pretty well and this one has short sleeves....score! While i love that necklace you shared, i have a great tiered  necklace  in turquoise from jcrew that i have had for years---makes a real statement. It is adjustable in length so it should be fine and i like navy and turquoise. Does it have a slit up the sides. If so about how long is it. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I love this dress but the neckline was huge in my normal size. I love the short sleeve.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!