Honored Contributor

A240507 - Surgery was a success!

I had two of these "Dippy Tunics" from (A240507) Attitudes ... I like the prints but was tired of the hemline.   I have the multicolor floral and the  geometric black/white/tan print in the video

So .... I did some surgery yesterday.  I shortened them to "low hip" length and cut off the extended sides.  So - now they look like "ordinary" tunics - similar to the "fit and flare" shape.     

I HATE to hem knits ... so I used some fusible hem tape. (My sewing machine is tucked away in the back of the closet and the tailor is closed on Sundays.)  They turned out great.  I wore the geometric  this afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Re: A240507 - Surgery was a success!

@ALRATIBA,Proud of ya Girl!  (I hate to "mend" too!).

Can ya give us a pic of you wearing them?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ALRATIBA,Proud of ya Girl!  (I hate to "mend" too!).

Can ya give us a pic of you wearing them?Smiley Happy

@ECBG

I'll take a pic of each on Trudy (my dress form) when I get a chance.   

Respected Contributor

I've purchased some hi-lo from Evine - I always do surgery and make the back and front the same length.  If you like something, make it the way you want it to look. 

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Those are really pretty prints and I'll bet they look great with straight hemline.

I have a few hi-lows and sharkbite tops and I figure when the trend passes I'll make them into straight hem tops too.

Valued Contributor

Wow, I envy every one of you.  My answer to "surgery " is the tailor 1/4 mile down the road. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor

I am also a surgeon.  I am 5'4" and Petite is too short and regular is too long, too often.  I love the iron on tape (Stich Witchery?) 

I not only hem, I shorten sleeves.  I put short sleeves in a yellow & white striped Isaac top.  He would probably shoot me, but I simply love it for Summer!

Respected Contributor

Me too...chop chop, and three quarter sleeve shirt becomes a summer top (:

Honored Contributor

Love it ladies!! I often think how a top woud look without all the stupid sharbites, lower back hems to the floor, the wierd flounces at the sides---and have been tempted to do some surgery myself---sleeves are my nemesis---way to tight on the upper arm. And I have no bust due to cancer, so fitting a top on me is pretty tricky. Am looking forward to photos too.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Me too...chop chop, and three quarter sleeve shirt becomes a summer top (:

@Azcowgirl

I shorten all my 3/4 sleeves also.  Turned all my SG tops into t-shirts.