Esteemed Contributor

A237823 - Susan Graver - Why all black tank tops??

In Susan's show now, I sort of like this cardigan and tank in a couple of colors, but they all have black tanks except for the blue. I might be tempted to get the green and the merlot - but I have a black tank already as well as other black tops, so I don't need two more black tanks.

Why on earth would she not put tanks to match the cardigans? I do buy multiples if I find something I really like, but I wouldn't buy something with multiples of the same color!

Susan Graver Liquid Knit Printed Cardigan & Tank Set

Respected Contributor

Re: A237823 - Susan Graver - Why all black tank tops??

That is odd. If something can be worn with a solid black tank I would prefer to save some $$ and just buy the cardigan/jacket alone. For some reason, when I buy tank and jacket sets the tank never fits the same way as the matching piece!

Another pet peeve of mine are sets with tops and pants, where the pants come in some really wacky color, like bright orange or lime green. I work in a conservative office and would never, ever wear pants in wild colors. I prefer to wear mostly neutrals and muted colors with a "pop" of color, like a scarf or a belt.

Occasional Contributor

I thought everybody loves a black tank top. They're so versatile. So forgiving!

Count me in as a big fan.

Esteemed Contributor

I love a black tank top, but if I wanted to buy more than one color cardigan, I would wind up inundated with black tops. I have one of Susan's tops in 6 different colors, and I do often buy more than one of something. But not if I'm wasting money on tops that I don't need...that's why I don't understand why she did this. On most of her "sets", she does matching pieces. Besides, the green, merlot, and spice cardigans don't even have any black in the print-it's just very dark shades of those colors. And yet she did do a matching tank for the blue...very odd.

I think it's probably because she can produce black tank tops cheaper than matching colors....thus better for the "bottom line".{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Brit08 said:

I thought everybody loves a black tank top. They're so versatile. So forgiving!

Count me in as a big fan.

Me too. I just bought SG drape neck tank. It is a great change from the basic tank. I almost always layer, & am leaning towards this style instead of turtleneck for winter.