Honored Contributor

I really like this style of shirt and have had my eye on it for a while.  Then it popped up on AS IS for a whole lot less.  So I took a chance thinking it probably had a fairly major flaw because of the inexpensive price.

I received the shirt yesterday in the original bag with the tissue paper folded in.  Hubby and I went over it with a fine tooth comb and not a single flaw was spotted.

I am really happy, its not the color I would have ordered, it is the Mocha, but for $15.20 I'll take it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

I have purchased many fashion as-is items really have had great luck. There once was a piece that was heavily perfumed, but really that was my worst experience. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   Surprisingly you can get a number of great buys in the as is category. I've often gotten many great as is. This is a great shirt, love the style and the colors (at full price). Hopefully there are some great colors in the as is too.

Honored Contributor

I have that shirt in white and in mocha. Got both As Is and they are perfect. I had to go up a size ...there's no stretch and it seems to be cut narrow around the hip area. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had a couple of "as is" items I had to return as "damaged" because it had been worn and the garment was stained.   Though I've also gotten brand new items that it seemed people didn't even open the package and just sent it back.   It's a gamble, but if it works out well it's a great savings. 

Respected Contributor

I have only had a problem with a few “As Is” fashions. One was damaged on the inside, where it wasn’t noticable and the other one was the wrong size. All the rest were in perfect condition.

I never hesitate to order “As Is”.

Honored Contributor

Re: A227885 AS IS

[ Edited ]

I used to have great luck with as-is fashions.  However, lately that has changed.  

A pair of Kim Gravel jeans had a slice from the bottom hem up about 6" on one leg.  An Isaac top was also sliced around the neckline.  It's as if someone is using a razor or something to open their packages, cutting through the garments and then returning them.  They are perfect cuts.  The Gravel jeans I was able to exchange for another pair and that pair was perfect.  Unfortunately, I waited too long to even check the Isaac top so that is a loss and it's my own fault.

I will continue to buy as-is and hope this is just a fluke.  I have noticed also that the as-is prices aren't always as much of a discount as they used to be in the past.  Some are great deals, some not worth taking the chance IMO. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A227885 AS IS

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie 

Nice top! But I have to ask; am I the only one that has trouble getting the colors to pop up when you click on the different swatches?! I ended up with two colors that weren't even listed?! A gorgeous aqua and a turquoise!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo ..........The one I bought was in the as is page.  I dont know about the color problem as I had that in my wish list for quite a while and just deleted it when I bought the as is.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)