Honored Contributor

A221327...wanted so much to like this!

Susan Graver Brushed French Terry Hooded Top w/Side Pockets

I tried SO HARD to like this. The material was great, the buttons were cute...

Everything was great except for the POCKETS. They stick out terribly and look like saddlebags on a donkey!

I even thought I should try to sew down the pockets...but they are made with extra material, designed to stick out like sails in the wind.

I wear a medium and got it in navy...everything was flattering except for those darn pockets.

Anyone else experience this????

Super Contributor

Re: A221327...wanted so much to like this!

Am laughing out loud as I read your comment. lol

Though I did not order it or plan to, lookwise, I prefer this one:

Susan Graver Striped French Terry Long Sleeve Henley Pullover

Honored Contributor

The pockets are different on the striped version....see how the pockets add EXTRA material on my version...designed to stick out at the hips:

Trusted Contributor

Just what most of us need isn't it? Something designed to stick out at the hips

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry that one didn't work for you. I hope you find something else that does.

It's disappointing when an item doesn't work out. The hardest ones for me are the near-misses. These are the clothes that could have been perfect but for one fatal flaw. "If only"!

Recently I ordered a Talbot's top that I thought would plug a hole in my wardrobe. On the website it looked like a sure thing. Pretty color, simple style, perfect length. Then it arrived - and it was a disaster. It was so tight in the chest that I could barely breathe. Everything else was fine, and probably a flat-chested woman could wear it. But not me.

For a few days I avoided reality. I tried on that stupid top over and over. To make it worse, the top had 5 star reviews! Apparently, it looked good on everyone but me. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Eventually I came to my senses. Some things are not meant to be.

I didn't mean to write a book, OP, but only to share your pain. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Shopping for clothes is an unpredictable business.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 KJPA said:

Just what most of us need isn't it? Something designed to stick out at the hips

I wouldn't have minded if they DRAPED over the hips - but they stick out at angles...no getting around it!

Respected Contributor

Oh, too bad! It appears that they've added side gussets which give it a trapeze shape. I know how disappointing it is to wait to get an order only to discover it doesn't look so great when I put it on. I once coveted a floor-length party dress that I saw in a local store's ad. When I went to the store, I was mortified to discover the fabric was so flimsy that it looked more like a nightgown.

If you really love the item, maybe you could spend a few dollars to have a tailor or seamstress take in the sides for you so it's not so wide at the bottom?

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Oh, too bad! It appears that they've added side gussets which give it a trapeze shape. I know how disappointing it is to wait to get an order only to discover it doesn't look so great when I put it on. I once coveted a floor-length party dress that I saw in a local store's ad. When I went to the store, I was mortified to discover the fabric was so flimsy that it looked more like a nightgown.

If you really love the item, maybe you could spend a few dollars to have a tailor or seamstress take in the sides for you so it's not so wide at the bottom?

It's not worth it...it's a MAJOR design flaw, IMO. It's not the trapeze shape...it's the pockets that stick out at an odd angle from the bottom.

Honored Contributor

The pockets stick out like trapezoid satchels... there is too much material added to the pocket area to be able to tack them down smoothly...the Xtra material is on purpose - to make the pockets stick out...see idea below -

Valued Contributor

Check out A234328. I sized down in it. I notice there is no medium but maybe one of the remaining sizes will work?