Honored Contributor

A199468 Denim & Co Jeans rave

Just received my style #A199468 Denim & Co jeans yesterday. I am thrilled and need to share. The cut is nothing like the picture! The fact that these are classified as "boot cut" isn't quite correct, unless by that we are indicating "trouser cut" with a slight flare at the bottom. In fact, the flare is almost undetectable. I was pleasantly surprised at the color -- it is the lighter shade of denim but not "washed" denim. A very pretty darker chambray blue. The fabric is soft and medium weight. These pants fit my issues right now-- I have gained a few pounds (it has an elastic waist, which will never be seen under longer tops); the waist is a soft wider elastic (about 1 1/2 inches wide) and extremely comfortable. Finding that the front on these pants does not "bunch" on me (maybe because I have a longer torso, shorter legs). The length hits near the floor in back and "breaks" over my tennies, which I must wear to work in order to stand running around the classroom all day. Larger pockets are a "must" and these have 'em! Have now ordered three more pair -- white, khaki and navy twill. At school, we are really only allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. So the twill will be perfect for during the week.

I had reached a level of frustration with my figure changes, health issues requiring a flexible-size waist, and jeans that weren't fitting correctly (lower in back, too skin tight). The larger size pants in my closet were beginning to "bind."

So kudos to the Q and thank you! BTW, I'm 5'0" and in my late 50's. I tend to wear some trendy clothing and like to look fun and stylish. Even when I was at my thinnest three summers ago, I still couldn't take even the at-the-waist styled pants, unless it was to be worn for special occasions or going out for a short time. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~