Honored Contributor

Re: A trend towards the lighter colored jean

I like lighter washes in jean shorts and crop jeans for the warmer months. I prefer medium to dark washes the rest of the time. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy EXPENSIVE jeans. Brands like Rag & Bone, Frame, Citizens, etc.  On the whole, I do prefer light or bleached jeans.  The lighter the better.  But I also have dark colors.  I only have 3 pairs of black jeans.  So they aren't my favorite.  Considering that I have about 70 pairs of jeans.....But the poster is correct.  The lighter jeans seem to be in. 

Valued Contributor

Medium and Dark wash only for me. They are more professional to wear to work or dress up when we used to be able to go out and do those social activities, etc. I always think light jeans  start to look grungy to me after a few washes.

Honored Contributor

darker pants always

Respected Contributor

I have one pair of indigo jeans, but I never wear them. I don't own true black jeans. I feel those shades are harsh for my coloring. And they don't go as well with the light & medium shades I wear in tops. 

That still leaves a lot of jeans to love. I like medium wash the best, plus light blue, washed black, gray, and white.

I'd like to try other colors in jeans (mint? pink? plum?) but I never get around to buying them. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I prefer darker jeans. I wear black and very dark jeans, never wear light colored jeans.

Honored Contributor

I have maybe 3 pairs of light wash jeans, all the others are medium or dark rinse. I don't have any black jeans either.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

For whatever reason, I am just not a fan of lighter colored denim. 🤷🏼‍♀️