Super Contributor

A trend towards the lighter colored jean

Do you still prefer the darker blue in jeans? When I was in my local Macy’s yesterday I noticed many more of the bleached or lighter colors. This was what I was looking for and scored a pair for 11.00😁
Honored Contributor

Re: A trend towards the lighter colored jean

I keep jeans in light, medium and dark wash and a black pair.  I don't follow trends.  I buy and wear only classic jeans.  

They are one of those classics that, to me, are always good.  If yours looks a little retro, so much the better.  

Honored Contributor

Probably the bleached were on sale left over from summer.  That's the only time I wear them.  I think dark indigo is by far the most popular, flattering color. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I gravitate towards the lighter colored jeans but I’ve always wondered if I’m committing a fashion faux pas wearing light colored blue jeans in the winter.   Apparently not.

Trusted Contributor

I have one pair of the bleached denim.... I have more pairs of dark indigo and black. We weren't allowed to wear jeans at my job,  but if I wore black jeans with a longer jacket, the boss never knew. 😉 sounds like you found a great deal ! 

Honored Contributor

I prefer the darker colors but do have a few medium blue, lighter weight fabric that I wear in warmer weather.
Honored Contributor

@gellen 

Actually, in the past months, dark denim as well as "boyfriend" styles have taken the forefront.

I work in denim quite a bit but follow the trends, listen to the bloggers, and watch all of the fashion shows.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't own any light colored Jeans.  Mine are all dark or black.  I am bottom heavy and the light colored ones are not my friend.

My daughter was here yesterday ans she was wearing a dark pair and I gave her a compliment.  She said she doesn't like the dark ones too much, but she needed a new pair of jeans and the dark ones fit her and they were on sale, so she bought them.

She also said she got so many compliments on them...she was asked if she lost weight.

Honored Contributor

I like to wear the darkest indigo, no whiskering, as a dress pant. My rinsed indigo and lighter shades I wear more casually. Bleached indigo is the most causal of them all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gellen wrote:
Do you still prefer the darker blue in jeans? When I was in my local Macy’s yesterday I noticed many more of the bleached or lighter colors. This was what I was looking for and scored a pair for 11.00😁

@gellen  I have jeans in all the various washes in different brands and lately I have been wearing the light wash & bleach jeans much more frequently. A few examples I've been wearing (all in a size 8 now):

A309514"As Is" Martha Stewart Regular Embroidered 5-Pocket Ankle Jeans - bleach/wisteria

A397273Candace Cameron Bure Cropped Straight Leg Jeans -
malibu light wash

A455243Candace Cameron Bure Regular Full-Length Skinny Jean - malibu light wash