Valued Contributor

A request about scented laundry products

I accept, but don’t understand, that some like to add a long-lasting scented product to their laundry. I can’t figure out why one would want their laundry to smell like anything except clean, but apparently some do. 

Please, as someone who is greatly bothered by such scents, may I ask that if there’s a possibility that you are going to return an item, don’t put those long-lasting scents in the wash load for that item. I’m fortunate enough to live close enough to the QVC outlet that I can shop there occasionally. I bought an Isaac top, pretty, fits well, good color, great price. I didn’t realize how much it (stunk) smelled of a laundry additive until I got it home. I’ve washed it 3 times and hung it outside for several days and it still (stinks) smells like the laundry additive. I will probably wash it once more then donate it.

Please don’t add those things that make your laundry smell fresh (stink) for weeks unless you’re really sure it’s going to stay at your house. Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: A request about scented laundry products

Usually, you can add vinegar to the water to remove odors.

Honored Contributor

It would be easier if you just stopped buying as is items.  It's ridiculously presumptuous of you to ask millions of Qvc shoppers to adjust their laundry just for you.  Your problem, you should come up with a solution for it.   

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It would be easier if you just stopped buying as is items.  It's ridiculously presumptuous of you to ask millions of Qvc shoppers to adjust their laundry just for you.  Your problem, you should come up with a solution for it.   

I agree

Honored Contributor

I don't use scented laundry products, but if a customer needs to make a clothing return to QVC, I commend them for laundering it first.  They shouldn't have to go out and buy a new type of laundry product prior to making the return. 

Respected Contributor

What long lasting scents or laundry additives are you referring to? I  use original Tide and it doesn't have any appreciable scent to me. Maybe what you are smelling is something that is sprayed on returned clothes by QVC. I agree with other posters who have stated that if the scents of returned clothing bothers you don't purchase returned clothing. 

Valued Contributor

As someone who gets migraines from a mere whiff of these offensive products, I feel your pain.  These products are also not good for health.  So many chemicals.

Respected Contributor

I use Downy scent beads in my laundry. I have a teenager who’s an athlete and a culinary student. My laundry needs all the hell I can give it. I’m not going to the trouble of laundering one item separately.
Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree

I disagree.

Trusted Contributor

Your request is noted.

But it's all relative. I'd rather have laundry fragrance than body odor or strong perfume. 

If you have a strong sensitivity to odors compared to most people, I think your only real solution is to forego used items.