Respected Contributor

Re: A question for Logo Ladies

Believe me, I shop til I drop looking for styles that suit my body type...I really prefer the simple lines and classic pieces in clothing,

they do look best on me.

Frequent Contributor

This thread has been so informative.  Thanks to all who have offered opinions.  I too have found that I like the LOGO cardigans and vests rather than a full top.  I'm 5'5 and 155 pounds.  My problem is the tops work well if I wear legging but I like to wear jeans a lot.  Unfortunately, my jeans create a muffin-top (which I am working on) but that seems to be exactly where the rayon span tops grab on me.  That's no fault of the top, that's me loving food!!  The cardigans and vests are much easier for me to wear.

I always wear a Skinny T under my LOGO, does anyone have any suggestions about "under pinnings" that work well?

Honored Contributor

@Girlboss wrote:

This thread has been so informative.  Thanks to all who have offered opinions.  I too have found that I like the LOGO cardigans and vests rather than a full top.  I'm 5'5 and 155 pounds.  My problem is the tops work well if I wear legging but I like to wear jeans a lot.  Unfortunately, my jeans create a muffin-top (which I am working on) but that seems to be exactly where the rayon span tops grab on me.  That's no fault of the top, that's me loving food!!  The cardigans and vests are much easier for me to wear.

I always wear a Skinny T under my LOGO, does anyone have any suggestions about "under pinnings" that work well?

Don't know if this is a "designer" response but I would think a Skinny T would work really well with a flowy Logo top. There are several LOGO looks I like very much, but I have 6 pack flab where abs should be. I think w a Skinny T underneath, I could pull the look off.

Trusted Contributor

@Girlboss wrote:

@Girlboss, I'm a huge fan of Halftees under Logo.  I have very narrow shoulders and a B cup, so Skinnytees just don't work for me...way too low cut.  I wear the Halftees under the Logo tops with a lower neckline, zipper vests and cardigans, and some button up vests and cardigans. I'll wear Halftees in all weather.

I also have a large collection of Blair essential tanks.  Cotton blend that doesn't hug and cling.  Works very well for me when it's not too hot...I have one on today under my Logo Lounge top

Respected Contributor

I think some of the styles in this line, as well as the Graver line, are designed to fit more snug at the top and flare out so the look won't totally swallow you up. Going up a size will solve that problem, but you will never get away from it looking like you are covering up. Way too much fabric to deal with that adds the look of extra lbs. If you are ok with that, fine. I have moments I want to wear my LOGO pieces, but I am prepared for not looking my slim self. Don't need a wardrobe of this stuff, but it serves a purpose at times. I had to get rid of the Graver pieces like this tho. I never could make them look right. Felt like I was wearing maternity. Ugh. Maybe because they were too short.
Valued Contributor

Lori often states ... "It's fitted in the bust"--then flows outward at the hem."   

The problem is--depending on the fabric, I range from XS to Medium.   I love LOGO, but with the new return policy and sizing inconsistency, I will "Shop my Closet."   LOGO pricing has doubled since I first shopped her designs.

French Terry is too hot for summer!   Rayon-Span pills regardless of gentle washings.  LOGO cotton is usually too thin and delicate.  JMHO (I own 25 pieces).

Valued Contributor

@Girlboss I like jeans as well and have had the same problem. My son laughs at me because I say "somewhere out there in the universe there is the right pair of jeans for me".  Well, I found the pair finally. They fit, no muffin top, and are almost like shape wear. It's the G.I.L.I jeans A269153 in the dark wash. Don't let the phrase "jeggings" through you. I went up 2 sizes and they are perfect. I roll them up for summer. Looks great with all kinds of tops. They work like comfortable under pinnings.

@Girlboss wrote:

Frequent Contributor

@Mellie2 Thanks for the reply and the information.  I appreciate your time.

Frequent Contributor

@kzjohnson Thanks for the suggestions for the tanks to wear under Logo.  I'm going to check those out.