Super Contributor

I have seen many things in Logo that I like, however it looks like the tops seem to hug the bust area in an unflattering way. As I am large busted, I have hesitated to buy anything. Do any of you find this true? or is it just how it looks on tv?

Honored Contributor

Re: A question for Logo Ladies

IMO, the reason for that 'snug' look in the bust is because the rayon/span fabric is so clingy.

I'm 5'3" 105 lbs, and the rayon/span tops look snug on me in the bust no matter what size I order. Although they're not, you can see bra outline, pant waist outline, bra straps, etc., which I don't like.

I do have some LOGO in the cotton/modal fabric, which I love and it doesn't have that cling factor, however they too seem cut small thru the bust, so I definitely order those according to the bust measurement.

IMO, the cotton/modal fabric also holds up better than the rayon/span fabric thru washings/wearing, too bad she doesn't offer more items in the cotton, modal.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Thank you IG!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@poppinfresh: Gotta let you know first that I do not share your physical attributes. That said, I have several Logo pieces in three different sizes, mostly b/c I couldn't decide if I wanted the shirt to fit loose or more fitted. Vests and tanks? no problem...they all work. I have one large that is truly too big; I should've exchanged it. I have some smalls that fit perfectly, some mediums that fit as well. This isn't helping, is it?? Smiley Frustrated Here's one thing: I think the Q models and hosts frequently wear a size too small, which may lead to your thought that they fit too snugly across the bust. May I suggest reading some of the product reviews? That may give some valuable insight. (If you become a true LG fan, welcome! If you're into debate, this'll be the place for you. People like to fight about LG and her clothes. Me? I am generally a voyeur.)

Valued Contributor

You have to get the right size.  If you get something that is snug it can pull across the bust.  The other thing is that when wearing rayon span you need a good fitting supportive bra.  I like to wear my stretchy old comfy bras and really it looks awful with the rayon span.  When I wear a logo top in rayon span, I need to get one of my better bras on that gives more support and uplift.  Another thing that will help is to get a logo vest and put it over the top.  I've had a couple of tops and I felt much better putting a vest on top if I was going out to eat in them or something it looked so much dressier more like an outfil.  I added a necklace too and it looked good. 

Super Contributor

Thank you all so very much for your quick replies. I  appreciate them all. Smiley Happy

I guess I will just have to jump on in and try some of them.

Respected Contributor

I'm large busted as well...this material is soft and pleasant to wear, but clingy...whether you purchase your size or go up one in size, clingy material is not a good option for big busted women...

Honored Contributor

IC Collections and Bryn Walker, both at Dillards are much more substantile and fit better.  They're also not tissue paper thin!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@poppinfresh  If that's a worry for you about the rayon span, try her French terry fabrics instead.  She has some darling  items in lighter French terry that isn't too hot for spring/summer and even has some short-sleeved ones.   Her Fr. terry doesn't have the cling factor that her rayon spans do that I think you have in mind.  The Logo Lounge line is mostly in French Terry and is a favorite of @Trudey ' s and mine and is oh-so-comfortable.   You might also try her cardigans in any of her fabrics because since you'd wear those open, there shouldn't be a cling probem around the bust.  

This waffle knit cardi (spring fabric weight despite the name) is a favorite of mine and can even sometimess be found at the cheaper As Is price.  However pricey it is, it's one of Lori's best values for what you get, even at full price IMO.:

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Waffle-Knit-Cardigan-with-Lace-Trim.product.A274083.html?s...

Here is an example of a spring French terry short sleeved top I got that is just dreamy comfortable, flattering and doesn't cling.  Unfortunately most of it sold out in its first airing when I bought mine (in the coral and turquoise) - love it!

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-Lounge-by-Lori-Goldstein-Printed-French-Te.product.A275801.html?upsh=1&sc=A2...

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have any Bryn Walker, but if I did, I would have instructions in my last wishes to not be buried in it. It is, in my humble opinion, for those who want to hide. Way oversized. Much more so than anything Q sells.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop