Respected Contributor

Re: A poncho with sleeves--oh my

Again, would look great and work well in colder weather with long gloves. A classy look.

Honored Contributor

On 10/3/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 10/3/2014 sunshine45 said:

this is so pretty, but i wish he had not done it with a turtleneck neckline.

ITA about the neckline. For outerwear-a turtleneck style makes it cumbersome to take it off/on without messing up hair or makeup. And to wear it indoors on top of another turtleneck-even in Chicago it's too much fabric around the neck. A vneck would have been a better design.

that was another concern i had also chi-town.....i dont want to have be careful or stretch it out to get it over my head and my hair, then have to run and fix it in the bathroom. would have loved a v-neck and then added a beautiful printed scarf OR a whisper knit scarf.

i just dont buy ANY turtlenecks or mocknecks anymore, they make me too darn hot!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

i bought the edge by jen rade camel poncho and I wore it today and got so many looks and ooooh and aaahs so I guess it's still a go look I am very tall so that helps pull off the look but i love them and always wore them

Honored Contributor

On 10/3/2014 Chi-town girl said:

this is so pretty, but i wish he had not done it with a turtleneck neckline.

ITA about the neckline. For outerwear-a turtleneck style makes it cumbersome to take it off/on without messing up hair or makeup. And to wear it indoors on top of another turtleneck-even in Chicago it's too much fabric around the neck. A vneck would have been a better design.

that was another concern i had also chi-town.....i dont want to have be careful or stretch it out to get it over my head and my hair, then have to run and fix it in the bathroom. would have loved a v-neck and then added a beautiful printed scarf OR a whisper knit scarf.

i just dont buy ANY turtlenecks or mocknecks anymore, they make me too darn hot!

I have some lovely capes and ponchos that can be worn either way, but they have vnecks or button openings to accomodate it being taken off/on. A tneck is not a good style for a multi purpose garment.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

When Louis sent out the request for items we would like, there were requests for a turtle neck poncho for those windy days. He did it again!! Listened to us and here we have this gorgeous poncho with all the features requested. Sleeves, check; longer length, check; loose turtleneck, check and beautiful colors that compliment our Linea collection, check. I like the suggestion Louis made to wear over the Shetland tunic sweaters. I am loving the Shetland tunic sweater with the new French terry leggings. Can't decide which color (s) to order in this fabulous poncho. LOVE!!

Brewhaha, You made me belly laugh, that was funny!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

I'm not a poncho wearer, but I can appreciate good fabric and design-- it looks like it is just what some people wanted. Enjoy!!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

HAPPYLADY, thanks for explaining the purpose behind this design. If it was a request from many, then it will do well! I'm still not sure about a tneck, was kind hoping for an indoor poncho. Maybe next time if this one does well :-)
Honored Contributor

I read his remarks and it says funnel neck so it might not be as close to the neck as a turtleneck is but maybe have a cowl effect so to speak.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

A259617 -- saving me the item # LOL

I may finally make my 1st purchase

any idea, the cost?

Esteemed Contributor

Holy cats...love the idea of the mulberry poncho. Trying to budget here....LOL...do we know anything about what the suede coat might be like or when it might be offered?

I've not had good luck this year w/ jackets...so I am in need of a nice outside jacket/coat. But between the long wk sweater coming up and the poncho...I may have to forgo a new jacket.

I can see wearing that poncho inside at my computer. Colder than all get out in my office...no matter how warm it is outside...always cold here...as in around 60-63 degrees.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."