Honored Contributor

Re: A lot of cheap merchandise added since Q bought HSN and Zuilly do you agree?

@MJDinVegas.  I find HSN is doing their jewelry "on the cheap".  I've bought a few pieces of Jay King, and they are so tiny I can hardly see them.  Got the Deb Guyot TS bracelet and the silver findings were so thin and cheap, I doubt they'd support the bracelet.  It's all going back and I'm finished with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: A lot of cheap merchandise added since Q bought HSN and Zuilly do you agree?

This has been going on as far back as I can remember.  It's not only the Q or HSN, but every retailer in the market.  The minute the holidays come around, the inferior (for lack of a better word) merchandise is racked up on the shelves so that desperate buyers will empty the warehouses of "crappe" that hasn't sold for years.  This is why I try to avoid "holiday mania."

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

HATE this time of year because it's like one huge warehouse sale. QVC is WAY worse than the other shopping channels I think. They start in July and it just gets worse. By years' end ie October I can't even stop in to see what's for sale.

great gifts, practical gifts, he gifts, she gifts, kids gifts, pet gifts, special gifts, this gift, that gift - you cannot even tell what's going to be on. And then it's just a hodge podge of clearing out the warehouses. Totally pitiful.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I hate the Q's Christmas and find that I spend a lot less the last 3 months of the year.  It's so sad to see the hosts peddling all this junk and try and make it look interesting. 

Contributor

I completely agree! It's been one big electronics and Christmas in July Fest since the end of summer. The new arrivals are all electronics and novelty items. If I wanted that I could go to WalMart or Target. Nothing enticing or interesting. I shop QVC for shoes, specific fashion items, beauty and some kitchen items. I don't imagine anything good will be offered until early February. I just wonder of this is really profitable for the company, but what do I know.
Bobbi

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624Right now I'm taking a break from sorting clothing and jewelry so I can move from NY to FL, and every year when I do this I'm reminded I have too much even though in the years since Zulily came about I've spent the least on clothes and jewelry since when I was once again learning to live single in the 1980's.

I havn't even tried to check into their website for at least a year because they seemed not to allow browsing unless I signed in.  That's just not happening - not on any retail site. 

Have they made their return policy more customer friendly than it was at first?  After all, one of these days I will have to buy clothes again. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops.  I rarely buy clothes at Zulily unless I recognize a brand name. 

Most items are now returnable for store credit.  Each item will tell whether or not it can be returned.

Moving twice a year would be a great way to keep the clutter down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

gifts-sniffs-i-want-my-regular-qvc-programing-back--1d6d4.png

Trusted Contributor

I get it, @Kachina624.  I’m tempted by numerous Jay King pieces, mostly amber, but still don’t buy.  I have a couple of Heidi Daus pieces that are fabulous but for me I don’t wear them everywhere.  The clothing pieces I have from MarlaWynne are fabulous but sizing is always an issue.  I always wait for reviews at HSN and the Q before I buy.  Too expensive to just try and return.