Contributor

Re: A fashion question (from an "oldster"!

We were not well off when I was growing up. I did not have much of a wardrobe. Now that I can afford good clothes I would never wear rags. Count your blessings.

Honored Contributor

They're all oldersters here.....

Honored Contributor

I loved wearing patches on my jeans in the mid 70's if I got a hole in the knee but only because it was to costly for my Mom to shop for clothes unless absolutely necessary.  Out grow it and wear it out all the way was her motto.  I never cared for jeans with holes in them even when I was in my 20's just never appealed to me.  I did like wearing frayed hems on my jeans in the 70's and the more frayed my shorts were the better I liked them.  I am surprised we were not arrested for indecent exposure for how short we cut our jeans off sometimes.

Levis High Waisted Cut Off Denim Cheeky Jean Shorts - Distressed

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@songbird who?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@songbird who?

@Mj12, seriously. But so what if "they're" all over 100? Sounded a bit like a snark to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@songbird who?

@Mj12, seriously. But so what if "they're" all over 100? Sounded a bit like a snark to me.

@suzyQ3, @Mj12

LOL.  I wondered, just how " olderster" do you have to be to be all "oldersters" here.

Honored Contributor

I am over 50, and I do not like or wear distressed clothing. I did wear frayed and patched jeans as a teen. We dressed up more in the past, but our society is super casual today. I still like to dress up, but I also like my jeans and hoodies.

Criticizing fashion choices here goes both ways. Some post that they don’t like certain brands or trends, because they are sloppy, cheap looking, etc. There are also posters who like to regularly remind others that the classics they like to wear are frumpy, boring, etc. It never ends because this is a fashion board where people post their opinions on fashion. 

Personal style is just that - personal. Some posters get so offended when a style or item they like is criticized by others. We all choose to wear what we like. Thank goodness we have choices.