Honored Contributor

Re: A cute Susan Graver top!

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know what world people live in where $60 is a lot for a nice top.  I saw that top when it was presented and I love it but it's spring/summer top and it would be silly to buy something now that I won't wear until May.

You're right that many tops are in that price range in the b&m stores.  However, sooner or later they go on big sales, with plenty of inventory available, which brings the item down to a reasonable price point.  QVC does not understand that concept and must have a huge warehouse to keep their items for years at regular price.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a HUGE fan of Susan Graver, but I have to say that I no longer can afford to watch her shows, even on Lunchtime Specials IMO the prices are still too high, I have caught a couple of bargains with on line shopping, but rarely do I watch any QVC, regardless of the program,  too many repeats, and not prices I would expect to pay, I can go elsewhere and receive free returns and or free shipping, QVC just does not impress me any longer!

Respected Contributor

well @Andreatoo  i like this top also.  it's just too bad that it is so expensive.  i don't know who makes the decision to price these things, but he must have a whole in his head.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree

Relatively speaking $61.00 is not a lot of money but given the fabric content coupled with the fact that I have yet to try anything from her line; 'no', not dropping $61.00 for what's a pretty basic novelty top (albeit cute)

I'm not willing to spend it..

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree

$60 is not too high for a top, but that would be in nordies.  on qvc it's high.

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw Rachel in the top last weekend, she looked so nice in it I thought she was wearing a top from her personal wardrobe.  I don't care for the cold shoulder look, but Rachel pulled it off.  

As for the price, all I can say is $61 may be high for one person and reasonable to another.  For some people here $610 is not a hard push on their wallet for a top.  Yet, $16 may be more than some others should spend on something they don't really need.  I'll leave it at that.

Honored Contributor

The stripes are rather loud.....not for me.

Valued Contributor

I don't mind the cold shoulder, but the stripes are going the wrong way!  Vertical stripes are slimming so this shirt is a definite NO!!

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of the cold shoulder trend either!  

Off-the-shoulder, yes! (as long as there is symmetry)

Honored Contributor

I like the style (cold shoulder and all!), but I don't care for the stripes.