Super Contributor

A charity that Joan Rivers loved and volunteered with

I remember Joan would always talk about delivering meals around NYC with God's Love We Deliver. I was on their website and noticed they are selling 2 of Joan's goldtone bracelets to raise money for the charity.

https://www.glwd.org/store/catalog.jsp

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A charity that Joan Rivers loved and volunteered with

I believe that's also the organization she represented when she was on The Apprentice with Donald Trump.

Honored Contributor

Dear Joan was so very generous to many people in many different ways. I've also heard that she always had time to stop and chat with people on the street and wherever she happened to be. I have a feeling that Joan loved QVC's employees and customers as her 'second family'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

By all counts, Joan was a very generous and caring person. How appropriate to at this time of year to take a break from shopping and think about what we can do for those less fortunate.

Happy holidays.

Honored Contributor

I love that bracelet. I miss Joan's laughter in this world !

Trusted Contributor

It would be so nice if each of us could sponsor a meal or two. Her major donations is what kept those doors open. I wonder if any other benefactor will step in now? I know they must be struggling while Joan's estate is tied up. A big loss of weekly income so quickly. I hate they are trying to sell things to feed all of those people every week.

Respected Contributor

I ordered two potholders. I needed them. I also ordered the DO IT NOW bracelet. I need that to. Actually I need more than that; I'm a procrastinator.

Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 wildcat fan said:

I believe that's also the organization she represented when she was on The Apprentice with Donald Trump.

Donald Trump's former sister-in-law is the founder of that organization, I believe. Even if she's not the founder, she is very involved with it and has been for many years.

Super Contributor

Anyone else remember the NY socialite Blaine Trump who sold a line on the Q with the proceeds going to this charity? I think she was married to Donald's brother.

Respected Contributor

God's Love We Deliver just posted a new video to YouTube showing the preparation behind their Thanksgiving meals. Besides a meal, their clients received a nice Thanksgiving basket of goodies. If I lived in NYC, I would volunteer to deliver the meals. I know I can donate, but I would love to also be a part of the "hands on" operations.

Here's their latest video, if anyone wants to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4YXXjovqx8

♥ Life is beauty full ♥