Honored Contributor

Re: A Wearable One Piece Swimsuit

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That is a cute suit but again, the neckline is just too high. I cannot stand a high neckline suit when it's hot outside.

Ahhh, should have scrolled further down.  I see the lowcut version.  Hmmm.  I wonder how bad these suits are?  I've tried on these "slimming" type of suits before and never cared for them.  I found them too constricting. 

I'm sending one back now that I bought from Swimsuits for all.  I feel like a sausage casing in it.  LOL  

@Lipstickdiva if you like the style of the low cut version, I have two that look pretty identical from Jantzen.  They are not "slimming", but I feel they are very flattering and they're really comfortable.  I normally don't wear a one piece, but found I was reaching for these a lot!

@VanSleepy, I'll look that up as I'd rather not have the slimming effect.

I also didn't realize the suite was $158.00.  I won't pay that for a suit. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A Wearable One Piece Swimsuit

@Danielle46 wrote:

The reason you see higher prices is more than just the brand's name.  You are paying for style, fit, fabric etc. and it makes a significant difference.

@Danielle46-

Good fabrics and style are often more expensive. I'm just saying, sometimes we can luck out and find that at incredible sale prices or stores like Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc., and sometimes at the main stores also.Thats when I think, why can't we all get that price? 

I recently learned from a Barnes and Noble sales person that their online prices could be even 50% lower than the stores! I asked him why and he said well, they have to pay our salaries and the rent for the store etc.

So I imagine it costs a lot more to operate many of the clothing and department stores than others.

Though some people do not like to search for things in stores like Marshalls and I can understand that too.

Sorry if this is a little off topic; I guess I've always been kind of fascinated and wondered about and frustrated with prices all over the place!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"