Respected Contributor

Re: A Warning About Evine....

So the OP is warning us to read and follow guidelines: duh.

Respected Contributor

Personally my opinion is - it does not matter how many items you buy. You know there is a 30-day return policy so why would you think that you were exempt?

Trusted Contributor

I actually have had both good and bad experiences with Evine CS.  The biggest kudos I give to them is I bought an expensive diamond ring and they lowered the price after I had it for more than 30 days.  I called them and they reimbursed me over $400.  They didn't have to do that.  I was very impressed and very happy.  Makes me love the ring even more Woman Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've returned things, no issues.  I love their prices and quality!  (Can't fix the font. Sorry)

Honored Contributor

Also OP, if they are showing the faux leather jacket as a return, your money should get credited but it won't be immediate.  Generally it takes a couple of days from the time they show the return until the credit shows on your account.

And if you put everything on 6 payments, they are going to subtract the return s/h, if you used their label, and the original s/h you paid so you might not get much back.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Also OP, if they are showing the faux leather jacket as a return, your money should get credited but it won't be immediate.  Generally it takes a couple of days from the time they show the return until the credit shows on your account.

And if you put everything on 6 payments, they are going to subtract the return s/h, if you used their label, and the original s/h you paid so you might not get much back.    

I've noticed that, in comparison to other vendors they're really quick to credit your account.

I get an email almost immediately once the package is picked up and generally within 2 days they're saying the credit is imminent..usually only another day or 2...

Exchanges are another story entirely and that's assuming they actually have it...

New Contributor

I have nothing to saybut excellent things about Evine. I now almost shop their exclusively.  Their fashions for the most part are sold by theme rather than by designer and consequently I am a very active puchaser and have a fantastic closet full of clothes I love, jewlry and makeup. My only gripe is I wish they would return fashion days back to saturday instead of the middle of the night.  I love 6 monthly pays and unlike QVC their aren't too many hosts and vendors that remind me of claws on the blackboard.  Thanks, Jan

Esteemed Contributor

When shopping channels  say 30 days- is it 30 days from the order date or the delivery date? That makes a huge difference!  Your post doesn't surpirse me dixi -  I bought from Shop NBC once and it was the worst  cs experience. I won't buy from them again!

Contributor

Well,  I see scolding,sarcasm, lecturing and a question of my "state of mind" are at least a few of your responses. LOL. Some real winners in those answers. 

I have been shopping for many years with HSN and QVC for many many years. Believe it or not (obviously none of you have experienced this phenomenon) but I have been credited back with more than one late return from both companies. Sometimes they go by when you ordered and other times by when you received the item.  The "within 30 days" and the "keep it for 30 days" seems to be used interchangeably with HSN and QVC. I have never had a problem with either of them. I am not perfect and have returned more than one thing, in all these years that could have been on the cusp and I also can't control the mail or UPS. Yes, they are not always on schedule either. Life happens to normal people.

Now that I am aware of Evine's STRICT POLICY, I understand they have no room for leniency NO MATTER WHAT!  Which is fine because I learned my lesson and now have some clothes to donate. I am not "chronically late--nor am I a Type A personality. A good balance between the two and quite happy. Oh, also I have an above average IQ and I don't feel entitled.

What I do expect from a company is honesty. They received 3 packages back the same day.  Two had " throwaway's inside and I got them back. 1 had a nice faux leather jacket in it and it was processed "returned".  No refund YET to my credit card. THAT is at the very least DISHONEST. They lost a what might have been a very good repeat customer, not so much because of the return policy, but because they feel they have the right to keep what they can make money on and send the disposables back to a customer.

IF people don't have a problem with THAT-- I wish you Happy Shopping!! Smiley Happy

Spoiler
Robot LOL
Contributor

Thank you, iib38!  I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I AM glad to see I am not the only one who has had a problem with Evine's customer service. Many people wouldn't have posted like you did, after seeing the responses I got.