Contributor

IF anyone is buying from them....watch out if you are a day or two late on a return!!  As a first time customer, I bought 10 items during one of their big sales. I kept 5 items and returned 5--either for fit issues or quality. I received a pair of defective shoes and just wasn't impressed with the quality of 3 of the other items. However I did buy a faux leather coat which I really liked but it was too large. It was $30 total. My returns were not EXACTLY within 30 days and they sent everything back to me -EXCEPT the faux leather coat and it is the only thing showing on my account as returned. They have not credited anything to my credit card and I still haven't received the jacket back and don't expect to since it says returned on my account. They are now selling it on clearance for $50 without s&h. 

I will contact them for sure!! I can't believe they think they can get away with those type of things--although it would be easy to do with everything being on 6 easy pays. 

Just make sure you aren't being charged for something they are keeping. That was my first and last purchase with them!!

Honored Contributor

Re: A Warning About Evine....

I shop at Evine regularly, almost monthly orders, mostly cosmetics. Have returned some skincare & a few apparel items-no problems. Since you admit that you waited too long to return & didn't call CS to discuss---it's your issue, not Evine. The warning is really directed back to you as a customer to understand/abide by the return policy!  

Evine CS has been helpful too esp when I ordered/was charged for 2 items of the same product, but they only shipped one, received credit within 24 hrs. 

I do think they should have CS available 24/7 instead of just daytime support. If you know you are exceeding the 30 day return window, you should call CS & discuss to see if they can approve it otherwise it's not wise to send back items after the 30 days. They have no obligation to accept your return as it is clearly spelled out & it's the same policy at QVC & HSN. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

It is important to know and understand the return policy of any business you purchase from. They did not do anything out of line. 

Any time I need to return something (to any online site) that is defective I call and discuss it with CS first.  It eliminates worry & possible shipping charges. If I am getting close to the dealine to return an item (for any reason) I call to alert CS that the item is coming & why. 

Communication is important. If you had called Evine CS before the 30 days were up to let them know you needed to return something they would most likely have given you the credit even though the items arrived after the deadline. They are not out to get us & really do a great job if they are given the opportunity. 

Trusted Contributor

It could just be a mistake that they will be glad to rectify for you as soon as you contact them.  JMO

Respected Contributor

I have learned that no matter where I shop, on-line or B&M I make sure that I follow the return policies to the letter and make immediate decisions on any items I purchase. (Especially if I have to mail it back.)  It eliminates all those *a day or two late" issues. I do not expect any retailer to accomodate me in any fashion usless I have met the policy to the letter. If they go above and beyond after that, I figure I am lucky because they didn't have to. I was always of the belief that customer service is a two way street. I have certain obligations as a customer as well.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

What would you expect since you didn't follow the return guidelines?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I shop regularly with Evine after not shopping with them for years because of CS issues.

Evine is very strict with their return policy. When they say 30 days, they mean it.  They are following the written policy so you can't really fault them.   

Also, as I'm sure you know, they do not refund original s/h either.      

Respected Contributor

if they say 30 days, they obviously mean 30 days!

Honored Contributor

I shop almost exclusively with Evine, as far as shopping channels go, and have been for a few years now (ShopNBC). Their prices are actually competetive and when I have had to return or exchange; I've had no issues. The one knock down/drag out I did have with CS, I tried to cancel an order within 24 hours and the cancellation option was gone, was rectified in my favor...

Respected Contributor

....what part of 30 days did you find unclear ???   The return policy is "exactly" 30 days for all the shopping channels.  Close only counts in horseshoes....lol    That's the danger of all six Easy Pays, people tend to get carried away and then they return half or more of what they bought.  Buyers remorse.  You should definitey call EVINE about the jacket.