Valued Contributor

Re: A Suggestion for Monday Night Programming

OOOO! GREAT turn of phrase GoodStuff! The former English teacher in me loved it! I plan to ""steal"" the phrase

Respected Contributor

Did anyone ever think that maybe Louis is doing exactly what he wants?

Honored Contributor

QVC like all other retailers, will keep around the people who sell the most volume at the greatest profit margin.

I seem to recall it wasn't that long ago when Louis was going to be dropped entirely...and there was an uproar over it.

I think he needs a regular time slot to stay viable.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see him weekly because his clothes are classics....I don't know how big of an operation he has but with IM, as much as I like him, does not really come up with new designs, just color/patterns....and Logo, which I am not fond of, requires very little from the designer, just new color....we don't want Louis to change his line and he does not use vibrant color or crazy patterns, that is what makes his clothing classics...so, it may become boring for people, even if you love his line...I think less is better and the market is not over saturated with a design/style/designer and people anticipate and look forward to the release of new design or color, JMO
Respected Contributor

On 3/4/2015 janey2 said:

That's entirely possible. No one knows for sure why there is this scarcity issue regarding programming & inventory. Could be this is a pace Louis feels comfortable with, considering his workload & commitment to quality/excellence. He personally does all the designing, fabric selection, manufacturing oversight, etc. which I would think takes a substantial amount of time for a designer of his caliber.

Respected Contributor

On 3/4/2015 GraceCO said:
On 3/4/2015 janey2 said:

That's entirely possible. No one knows for sure why there is this scarcity issue regarding programming & inventory. Could be this is a pace Louis feels comfortable with, considering his workload & commitment to quality/excellence. He personally does all the designing, fabric selection, manufacturing oversight, etc. which I would think takes a substantial amount of time for a designer of his caliber.

Well said. He doesn't just show up for the shows. Being in PA every week is a major commitment of their time that maybe Louis and Jac would not want to make