Trusted Contributor

Re: A Request for QVC Customer Care

On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: Two requests: 1) Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread, not just a poster. 2) Move threads that are intended to bash vendors or attack shoppers that don't meet with their personal or religious beliefs to Viewpoints, or set up a special category for them that doesn't feed into fashion or beauty. There are some posters that use this forum to rant and complain about things that have nothing to do with shopping. Why aren't they using other social platforms like facebook or twitter? These bizarre posts are constantly bumped by some others that want to perpetuate the negativity and dominate the forum. There are many well intended QVC shoppers who just want to shop and exchange info about shopping. I appreciate your swift action to delete all the Marie Osmond rants about her religion. Why not do the same for Susan Graver, Joan Rivers and Lisa Robertson? Please keep up the good work, and do more to improve our shopping experience. Thank You!

Okay first, I have never seen and religious posts concerning Joan Rivers, Susan Graver, or Lisa Robertson (that's what I gather from your sentance, but I know that's not what you meant{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}). People can and are allowed to rant about hosts and vendors....QVC uses it for feedback, which is actually what these boards are for.

Second, if there is a thread that is not to your liking, don't read it.....don't open it.

These boards were set up for communication and sharing of ideas on many topics, that's what keep them interesting. This particular thread does not even belong on this board, it is better suited for the Q Talk boards.

May I also suggest that if someone is bother you, to use the ignore feature, that's why QVC provided one.

Respected Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 5/16/2014 newziesuzie said:
On 5/15/2014 Chi-town girl said: Thank you Q-CS for for your quick response to my requests, and your swift action both here on the board and the online store. You did a fantastic clean up job. Very much appreciated!

What exactly did they do? Did you talk to them? Is there a way for us to contact them about these things? Tia!Smiley Happy

Make sure to report offensive posts. Click the report inappropriate for threads, as well as individual posts. The online store also has that feature for the review section. I also started this thread as a red flag to CS. It just was getting too hostile with some posts and repeat offenders. I check in this forum for shopping tips and advice. No need for hostile OT threads in fashion and beauty. CS took swift action and removed many of the problematic threads and posts, but some people are determined, so we need to keep reporting it.

Appreciate your answer. Using the reporting abuse too much can get us banned though so watch out everybody.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••

I have been complaining fo a couple of months about not receiving emails of confirmation of orders shipped. I get confirmation it I cancel and order or I change something on an order, but no comfirmation with the invoice of a shipped order. WHY

Valued Contributor

I would like to be able to ignore threads that pop up and continue for months, years, bouncing out new topics from the top of the list.  A few that I personally do not care for are "Evine" topics, "Who's ready for some SKINN?" and "AM Style (or Beauty)". If a topic is not interesting to me or I am tired of seeing it as part of the line up of new topics (when they are not new or relatable to me) I should have an option to block a topic.

However, I do not believe the moderators are going to go through the hassle of relocating  topics once a thread topic changes. For example if a Beauty thread changes over to SG, and it isn't malicious, they are not going to move that discussion.  Personal attacks on users of the site and hosts or vendors are not necessary, and the mdoerators do filter that out as much as possible. I hope that I understood your post correctly.