Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Request for QVC Customer Care

On 5/14/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

To the OP ..... WHY is this OT thread been put in the wrong section? This is the section for Fashion Talk.

If you want to comment about QVC, either put it in Q Talk section .... or write to Customer Service. You can't follow the rules here, yet complain about others. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I agree with Tinkrbl. OP, why didn't you post this in Suggestion Box, where it belongs? It seems as if your intent was to have posters you see as offenders read and adhere.

Your desire takes censorship to a whole new level--and one in which I am not comfortable. I mean really, where do we then draw the line? Personally, I would rather have the posters who stoop to lying about something as innocuous as fashion or those working as vendor shills be banned.

But we know that isn't going to happen. So as others have suggested, it is best to just pass over those posts you find offensive. One thing is a given, when we vehemently disagree, we begin fueling the fire.

Honored Contributor

Thank you Q-CS for for your quick response to my requests, and your swift action both here on the board and the online store. You did a fantastic clean up job. Very much appreciated!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Chi-town girl said: Thank you Q-CS for for your quick response to my requests, and your swift action both here on the board and the online store. You did a fantastic clean up job. Very much appreciated!

But it's not something that should have to be requested. They need to keep a closer eye on this place.

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 sparklestar said:
On 5/15/2014 Chi-town girl said: Thank you Q-CS for for your quick response to my requests, and your swift action both here on the board and the online store. You did a fantastic clean up job. Very much appreciated!

But it's not something that should have to be requested. They need to keep a closer eye on this place.

You are right, but things seemed to be escalating, as well as hostility. It took a collective effort on our part to red flag it. Maybe to supervisor level.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 5/15/2014 sparklestar said:

You are right, but things seemed to be escalating, as well as hostility. It took a collective effort on our part to red flag it. Maybe to supervisor level.

Because I did report it a couple times and I'm just wondering why they let things go so long. At least it's over (for now). Thank you for your effort ...it sure paid off.

Honored Contributor

The moderation has always been uneven here, and I've seen regular complaints about it. We all have our own opinion of the types of threads that are interesting, and I agree that a terribly heavy hand in moderating can cause the demise of a community forum.

Since they have different moderators on different shifts, it's normal they're interpreting the standards subjectively. Also, think for a minute about how many posts they moderate: multiply the number of sub-forums by the number of threads by the number of replies. That means they can't see them all and frankly I don't think they use sophisticated software to help monitor posts.

Speaking of sophisticated software, it's obvious QVC doesn't invest very much in their website at all, so I see no evidence they'll be directing much effort in making the forums less contentious.

The best thing: Voice your concerns in the Q Talk forums (I've seen QVC personnel respond to posts there), in the "Feedback" feature, with the "Report Inappropriate" feature, and even with an email to their website team if you're so inclined.

Then, we can try to be courteous to each other and avoid responding to inflammatory posts (quoting them or responding to them just fans the flames and encourages a fight).

All jmo, ymmv.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

What exactly did they do? Did you talk to them? Is there a way for us to contact them about these things? Tia!Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

Please don't request all your "unpleasant" threads to be moved to ViewPoints, many of us carry on some great discussion there, yet deal with enough of it each day. Put your big girl pants on and deal with it, if you don't wish to read a thread or a particular poster, then don't. Your request is censorship for lots of people.

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 newziesuzie said:

What exactly did they do? Did you talk to them? Is there a way for us to contact them about these things? Tia!Smiley Happy

Make sure to report offensive posts. Click the report inappropriate for threads, as well as individual posts. The online store also has that feature for the review section. I also started this thread as a red flag to CS. It just was getting too hostile with some posts and repeat offenders. I check in this forum for shopping tips and advice. No need for hostile OT threads in fashion and beauty. CS took swift action and removed many of the problematic threads and posts, but some people are determined, so we need to keep reporting it.

Respected Contributor

Hmm, shouldn't this thread have been started in Viewpoints?