Honored Contributor

Re: A Request for QVC Customer Care

On 5/14/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 5/14/2014 MomOf4 said:
On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: Two requests: 1) Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread, not just a poster. 2) Move threads that are intended to bash vendors or attack shoppers that don't meet with their personal or religious beliefs to Viewpoints, or set up a special category for them that doesn't feed into fashion or beauty. There are some posters that use this forum to rant and complain about things that have nothing to do with shopping. Why aren't they using other social platforms like facebook or twitter? These bizarre posts are constantly bumped by some others that want to perpetuate the negativity and dominate the forum. There are many well intended QVC shoppers who just want to shop and exchange info about shopping. I appreciate your swift action to delete all the Marie Osmond rants about her religion. Why not do the same for Susan Graver, Joan Rivers and Lisa Robertson? Please keep up the good work, and do more to improve our shopping experience. Thank You!

It will never happen nor should it!!

Well, that's what losers say when they can't meet their objectives. Gotta keep trying and I will!

I can understand not wanting to get mixed up in a bunch of negativity. But trust me, I've seen a forum where ANYTHING that's even slightly negative, even if it's not a verbal attack against anyone, is jumped on and/or deleted. Those kinds of forums will become inactive and stall in time, except for a few of the same posters who post the same things over and over again. And then, there's the forums where the moderators do nothing, everyone runs wild and that forum becomes inactive because people get chased.

I think the QVC moderators here try to strike a balance where people can still rant and air their opinions, but to where things don't get too out of hand. Trust me, a forum with no negativity of any kind is just as bad as a forum with nothing but negativity. Sometimes negativity, or perhaps I should criticisms, gives both the vendors and the community members a chance to grow.

This forum is vibrant enough with a wide range of topics and opinions. Nothing good seems to result from these bizzare rants. Disruptions. Anger. Hostility. One day is good. Set a time limit, then shut it down or move it to viewpoints.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

To the OP ..... WHY is this OT thread been put in the wrong section? This is the section for Fashion Talk.

If you want to comment about QVC, either put it in Q Talk section .... or write to Customer Service. You can't follow the rules here, yet complain about others. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

On 5/14/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: Two requests: 1) Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread, not just a poster. 2) Move threads that are intended to bash vendors or attack shoppers that don't meet with their personal or religious beliefs to Viewpoints, or set up a special category for them that doesn't feed into fashion or beauty. There are some posters that use this forum to rant and complain about things that have nothing to do with shopping. Why aren't they using other social platforms like facebook or twitter? These bizarre posts are constantly bumped by some others that want to perpetuate the negativity and dominate the forum. There are many well intended QVC shoppers who just want to shop and exchange info about shopping. I appreciate your swift action to delete all the Marie Osmond rants about her religion. Why not do the same for Susan Graver, Joan Rivers and Lisa Robertson? Please keep up the good work, and do more to improve our shopping experience. Thank You!

Well, that's what losers say when they can't meet their objectives. Gotta keep trying and I will!

I can understand not wanting to get mixed up in a bunch of negativity. But trust me, I've seen a forum where ANYTHING that's even slightly negative, even if it's not a verbal attack against anyone, is jumped on and/or deleted. Those kinds of forums will become inactive and stall in time, except for a few of the same posters who post the same things over and over again. And then, there's the forums where the moderators do nothing, everyone runs wild and that forum becomes inactive because people get chased.

I think the QVC moderators here try to strike a balance where people can still rant and air their opinions, but to where things don't get too out of hand. Trust me, a forum with no negativity of any kind is just as bad as a forum with nothing but negativity. Sometimes negativity, or perhaps I should criticisms, gives both the vendors and the community members a chance to grow.

This forum is vibrant enough with a wide range of topics and opinions. Nothing good seems to result from these bizzare rants. Disruptions. Anger. Hostility. One day is good. Set a time limit, then shut it down or move it to viewpoints.

I see.

Well, don't know what to tell you. I can understand where you're coming from, but negativity doesn't take a day off. The moderators are people, too, and I think it would be too much for them to sift through all these topics to find only the weird threads and move them to a different place. Unless QVC has a huge moderation staff.

But anyway, at least there is an ignore button. I've seen forums that don't have that feature......It's not pretty. And so far, at least today, I haven't seem any bizarre threads. I've seen people talk about their personal problems, but so far, no weird threads. I think the good might outweigh the bad. But if it's still bothering you, perhaps the best thing might be to take a break from the QVC forums a few days, then come back to talk. Trust me, I may be new here, but I've seen forums WAY worse than this.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Regular Contributor

I find it ironic that you fell into exactly the thing you're complaining about. And what does this have to do with Fashion anyway?

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure it has to do with all the disrespectful and cruel remarks made by certain posters here who continually bash hosts especially Lisa and her Gili line and also bash the posters who buy their products. It's just downright mean. If people want to buy a Gili bag, why do we have to be chastised for it and made fun of? It just shows the mentality of those same posters who always have to ruin a good thread. And the funny part about it, they say they go to Lisa's Facebook page for ha ha's! Why go there if they dislike her so much? So they can come here and join in with the other Lisa basher's club members.
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, Lisa is not the only host who has been "bashed" on these threads - I don't think any of the hosts have escaped unscathed. I think when someone bashes a host we like, it feels like a personal attack, and things escalate from there into name calling. I have seen some pretty vicious comments on here, I must say...

Trusted Contributor

I prefer to read about the products and user experiences, such as how to "fix" a problem with a product, etc. I really don't care if someone doesn't like a host's voice or hair or whatever. But some topics start out about the product and then someone who doesn't even use it jumps in to say something nasty and it all goes downhill from there.

Some posters ignore the nastiness and keep on giving opinions, answers, suggestions, etc. and those are very helpful. That's why I keep reading those threads. But it is sometimes hard to wade through the garbage.

Maybe the Q could totally separate the Forums so that the ones that have their own category don't even feed into the main Forums list? Then you have to open the specific category if you want to see those threads? I know that I didn't even realize this thread was started under Fashion until someone posted a complaint about that. I typically just read the titles from the main Forums page. But if I have to click a category I won't see Fashion threads unless I go to Fashion. Would that help?

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I find the majority of women want to complain about something, so it doesn't matter how these subjects are divided up. I do understand what the OP is saying. Sometimes I just want to see what ladies are saying about some current product QVC is offering, and there are so many personal posts I can't find what I'm looking for.

Honored Contributor

How about banning people who think it is their mission to police and censor these boards and threads?

Anyone has the ability to ignore any poster either by being a big girl and skipping their posts or by clicking the Ignore User button and the posts don't appear unless someone quotes them. Then the big girl thing needs to come into play again.

You can easily tell who starts a thread. If it's someone you have an issue with, no need to open it. Some of the thread titles are pretty self explanatory also so if one thinks they will have an issue with the topic at hand, click on by rather than telling others what they can and cannot post.

This is really getting old already. This is a message board owned by QVC. They will decide what stays and what goes. It's not a board of hearts and flowers where everyone is always going to agree on everything.

If I have a rant about a clothing item, it belongs in fashion just like if I have a fashion love or recommendation.

Contributor

Well-said Lipstick Diva! I find it annoying when people can't accept a little negativity, the boards are to include both the good and the bad. Seriously, just read what you want, and ignore what you don't.