Honored Contributor

A Request for QVC Customer Care

Two requests: 1) Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread, not just a poster. 2) Move threads that are intended to bash vendors or attack shoppers that don't meet with their personal or religious beliefs to Viewpoints, or set up a special category for them that doesn't feed into fashion or beauty. There are some posters that use this forum to rant and complain about things that have nothing to do with shopping. Why aren't they using other social platforms like facebook or twitter? These bizarre posts are constantly bumped by some others that want to perpetuate the negativity and dominate the forum. There are many well intended QVC shoppers who just want to shop and exchange info about shopping. I appreciate your swift action to delete all the Marie Osmond rants about her religion. Why not do the same for Susan Graver, Joan Rivers and Lisa Robertson? Please keep up the good work, and do more to improve our shopping experience. Thank You!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: A Request for QVC Customer Care

SO - because you only want to discuss shopping that should limit EVERYONE to only talking about shopping?

Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 happy housewife said:

SO - because you only want to discuss shopping that should limit EVERYONE to only talking about shopping?

Post it in the appropriate category. Rants=viewpoints

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I think so long as the posters don't start an arguments with others, the moderators might be okay with people talking about anything, even if it's not shopping. Sometimes the hosts go a little off topic and talk about their lives a bit. Now, it can't always be perfect, but it might not be so bad. Maybe just try to stay away from the topics where you know there might too much negativity.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

On 5/14/2014 happy housewife said:

Valued Contributor

On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: Two requests: 1) Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread, not just a poster. 2) Move threads that are intended to bash vendors or attack shoppers that don't meet with their personal or religious beliefs to Viewpoints, or set up a special category for them that doesn't feed into fashion or beauty. There are some posters that use this forum to rant and complain about things that have nothing to do with shopping. Why aren't they using other social platforms like facebook or twitter? These bizarre posts are constantly bumped by some others that want to perpetuate the negativity and dominate the forum. There are many well intended QVC shoppers who just want to shop and exchange info about shopping. I appreciate your swift action to delete all the Marie Osmond rants about her religion. Why not do the same for Susan Graver, Joan Rivers and Lisa Robertson? Please keep up the good work, and do more to improve our shopping experience. Thank You!

It will never happen nor should it!!

Super Contributor

"Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread,

Huh? Don't read it! Seems pretty simple to me!

And if you want a Pollyanna, Fairies & Unicorn forum, go start one of your own!

Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 MomOf4 said:
On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said: Two requests: 1) Please provide us with the ability to ignore a thread, not just a poster. 2) Move threads that are intended to bash vendors or attack shoppers that don't meet with their personal or religious beliefs to Viewpoints, or set up a special category for them that doesn't feed into fashion or beauty. There are some posters that use this forum to rant and complain about things that have nothing to do with shopping. Why aren't they using other social platforms like facebook or twitter? These bizarre posts are constantly bumped by some others that want to perpetuate the negativity and dominate the forum. There are many well intended QVC shoppers who just want to shop and exchange info about shopping. I appreciate your swift action to delete all the Marie Osmond rants about her religion. Why not do the same for Susan Graver, Joan Rivers and Lisa Robertson? Please keep up the good work, and do more to improve our shopping experience. Thank You!

Well, that's what losers say when they can't meet their objectives. Gotta keep trying and I will!

Respected Contributor

On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said:

Well, that's what losers say when they can't meet their objectives. Gotta keep trying and I will!

I can understand not wanting to get mixed up in a bunch of negativity. But trust me, I've seen a forum where ANYTHING that's even slightly negative, even if it's not a verbal attack against anyone, is jumped on and/or deleted. Those kinds of forums will become inactive and stall in time, except for a few of the same posters who post the same things over and over again. And then, there's the forums where the moderators do nothing, everyone runs wild and that forum becomes inactive because people get chased.

I think the QVC moderators here try to strike a balance where people can still rant and air their opinions, but to where things don't get too out of hand. Trust me, a forum with no negativity of any kind is just as bad as a forum with nothing but negativity. Sometimes negativity, or perhaps I should criticisms, gives both the vendors and the community members a chance to grow.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 5/14/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 5/14/2014 Chi-town girl said:

I can understand not wanting to get mixed up in a bunch of negativity. But trust me, I've seen a forum where ANYTHING that's even slightly negative, even if it's not a verbal attack against anyone, is jumped on and/or deleted. Those kinds of forums will become inactive and stall in time, except for a few of the same posters who post the same things over and over again. And then, there's the forums where the moderators do nothing, everyone runs wild and that forum becomes inactive because people get chased.

I think the QVC moderators here try to strike a balance where people can still rant and air their opinions, but to where things don't get too out of hand. Trust me, a forum with no negativity of any kind is just as bad as a forum with nothing but negativity. Sometimes negativity, or perhaps I should criticisms, gives both the vendors and the community members a chance to grow.

Very well said, thank you!