Honored Contributor

As many of you know, I switched schools this year to have a leadership role. I have many upperclassmen, and some of them readily express their opinions and share what their plans are upon graduation.  One girl, who just turned 18, is always talking about wanting a boyfriend and having babies.  She often wears clothing that is too tight/short for school.  I am hoping that she does graduate and that she will continue with her education, so I have been talking to her about that a lot.

Last week I wore an outfit that she hadn't seen before.  I see her every other day.  She commented that she really liked my outfit and that she thought it was "classy."  I could see the wheels turning.  I told her about the dress, and where she could find it, so we'll see if she starts dressing in a manner that will attract the kinds of things/people that match her future goals.  

Ralph Lauren Lena silk scarf-

Free People corduroy dress (it is longer on me)

Gems En Vogue ring-

Keen Baby Bern (purple) boots-

Respected Contributor

Re: A Recent (Classy) Outfit

Your outfit tres chic.

Trusted Contributor

Fabulous !

Valued Contributor

Hopefully, she'll stay in school. I know when I was in school a lot of girls that age wanted to have kids and be married. I could never understand why so soon. I mean we have our whole lives to be adults and serious why not enjoy being young for a while. My sisters were very young when they married also, always made me feel like i was the odd duckling. I was always the opposite, didnt wanna marry, wanted a career and independence. I was told im too independent for my own good. Well, life brings you what you need when you need it most. A balance is always a good thing. 

Btw, love your input on fashion. I have those boots in a different color and they are the most comfortable boots ever. I wear them all the time! Are you in fashion design school by any chance? Sorry im not up to date. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Trusted Contributor

cute keen boots! i had those in olive

Respected Contributor

Best way to ruin your future is put all your energy into boys. Hope she listens to you lolakimono.

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

Btw, love your input on fashion. I have those boots in a different color and they are the most comfortable boots ever. I wear them all the time! Are you in fashion design school by any chance? Sorry im not up to date. 

@mintedrose 

I teach Spanish.Cat Happy

I have the Keen boots in the purple shade and the green shade.  I originally started investing in boots a few years ago because I had outside duty at 7:30, and it would take a few hours for my toes to get feeling again after standing outside in the cold.  The Keens are great because I can wear them all day in any weather, yet they feel like wearing sneakers.  

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

cute keen boots! i had those in olive

@freakygirl

They are amazing! I have them in the green as well.  It's a nice shade of green, IMO.  

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, i’m not a huge fan of purple, but those boots are real cute. congratulations on your leadership role in the new school. i hope it’s everything you hope it will be 😊

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The whole outfit ... stunning.   Love the juxataposition of colors  outlined in the scarf and carried to the boots.  Perfect.

Would love to find a pair of boots in that color.