Honored Contributor

A New "Capri" Is On The Runway!

To me,  "capri" ends about 3 inches above the ankle bone.

My Word!  I thought surely the strong feeling against leggings being worn as pants would create a positive change in styles, but designers ran with it!Smiley Sad

Something like this.  They look like "clam diggers", but more snug at the knee.  For balance wear a larger jacket.

15 Best Capris Pants for Women 2024

Honored Contributor

Re: A New "Capri" Is On The Runway!

@ECBG 

In this picture, with this look, I see the model is very leggy and slim, including calves, and wearing minimal type shoes...

slim and with a small heel.

So the entire bottom half is slim and minimal.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG    Depending on your height & weight determines where a capri hits you on your leg & if snug or not.

I have tons of D&C capris & they all hit me exactly like the photo you posted.  I am 5"6 , somewhere between 120-125lbs soaking wet.

I don't wear those type of shoes in the photo w/capris either.👎🏾

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@ECBG 

In this picture, with this look, I see the model is very leggy and slim, including calves, and wearing minimal type shoes...

slim and with a small heel.

So the entire bottom half is slim and minimal.

@LTT1 

Yes, I wonder how long until we see it on other silhouettes!  More eye openers.  Ekkkkk..........

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ECBG    Depending on your height & weight determines where a capri hits you on your leg & if snug or not.

I have tons of D&C capris & they all hit me exactly like the photo you posted.  I am 5"6 , somewhere between 120-125lbs soaking wet.

I don't wear those type of shoes in the photo w/capris either.👎🏾

@Mz iMac 

I'm 5' 6"  and wear the longer.  Air conditioning does a number on me!

Honored Contributor

Yes, those are capris. They come just below the knee. 

Pants that are just above the ankles are not capris but are crops, longer than capris.

Honored Contributor

I am one of the shorter people here, but I will say I happily wear whatever length pants I want to and look FINE in them.

I wear them to look nice and be cooler and more comfortable in the boiling hot summers we have.  In my life, thank goodness nobody is assessing me for how tall my pants make me look.  I'm short--it's over.  Woman Very Happy  Wear pants that let you enjoy the summer!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Back in da day, "clam diggers" were longer.  An inch or two above high waters/floods/ankle pants.  Did that change?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is my exact understanding of where a Capri should be.  A couple of inches above the ankle is a crop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ECBG   Back in da day, "clam diggers" were longer.  An inch or two above high waters/floods/ankle pants.  Did that change?

@Mz iMac 

As far as I know.  I hadn't heard the term clam digger until that disgussion.  I do remember "petal pusher".