Valued Contributor

A Need a Closet Acount-a-buddy!

Seriously, I've been putting off switching the seasonal clothes because I need to do this... and I do NOT buy that much stuff but it seems like my closets should burst. I have bought several cardigans in the past year, think that's my problem. 

Arg! 

Honored Contributor

Re: A Need a Closet Acount-a-buddy!

@Buttercups wrote:

Seriously, I've been putting off switching the seasonal clothes because I need to do this... and I do NOT buy that much stuff but it seems like my closets should burst. I have bought several cardigans in the past year, think that's my problem. 

Arg! 

**********************************************Feel your pain!!!!!!!  I hate to change out things too!  I love to put things together having taught Interior Design, and I need to put the other seasons away. My closet has year round items. For seasonal, in my basement, I got several plastic tubs at Walmart (Sterlite 45 gallon with lids that tightly snap) that I can lay two hangers with clothes side by side without wrinkles!  I simply take them out and hang them up after bringing handfuls up stairs.  Works for me.  When It's that "in between" time with seasons, I can easily find something by folding them over like pages of a book.  Works for me!

Honored Contributor

Sounds like it's time to give away some clothes to Goodwill.

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups

Part of the problem could be we've had warmer weather longer and don't know what to expect so we keep multiple seasons out.

Since I love my fall/winter clothes most, I can't wait to switch out my wardrobe.  Then again, I just move the summery stuff from one closet to another.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I envy all of you ladies who have a bedroom closet so big you can host a cocktail party in it! No changing-out the out-of-season clothes. I wish that applied to me!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2

I can only have all seasons avaiable to me because I use closets in two rooms.  There was a time one season was in a box and the other was in the closet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Buttercups, oh me too. ROFL, help, help, help.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I have one small closet and I don't switch out clothes anymore. I simply put the out of season items at the end of the rod away from the door. I used to have so many clothes I needed those portable assemble yourself closets on wheels. No more. It took me a few years, but I gave away tons of stuff and sold some of it. What really prompted me to take charge was the sheer amount of stuff I had when I started a clothing database on my iPhone. Seeing the amount of items I had in each category was staggering. For me it was a wake up sign. I still love to shop; I just buy much less. 

Btw, Buttercups, cardigans are still my weakness so I get you there. 

Valued Contributor

Well I finally started, and my dining table is covered with piles. Pretty sure what I'll give away.

I don't have much closet space, it's about 8' long not a walk-in, and no dresser -- one night stand where I keep all my PJ's & tanks which I sleep in.

I started with the coat closet which is the source of most of my confusion. This whole thing was triggered by the purchase of a new down coat from LE. lol When you're at the tipping point, all it takes is one new item to throw the house into confusion!