Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lolakimono My Dad is in a care facility, his health is extremely poor. I visit him every Saturday. I have two brothers who are all about themselves, narcissists. They're never going to change unless they confront so many things, so it's toxic to have them in my life.

I don't have that many friends, the people I did have supporting me when my Mom was here have all (except for a couple) disappeared from my life. Why, well that's for them to answer. I've cried too many tears about it.

Being holiday time that I absolutely dread, it's probably time for me to join a grief support group again. Medication and therapy can't do everything. Without both though I shudder to think where I'd be.

Thanks for caring

@Greeneyedlady21 

Support groups are so great.  Sometimes you run into people who do not belong there, who are just there to listen and perhaps go tell others your troubles but that is rare.  The one I am part of now requests you swear that what is said and done in that room remain in that room forever.  Mine is a support group for caregivers.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello, I slept in a little, then got preoccupied, lol.

It sounds like everyone is hanging in there despite challenges. 

I ordered this Vera Bradley Weekender from the Q (clearance).  

Vera Bradley Signature Print Grand Traveler - A370852

@Bird mama 

I ordered that too in the winterberry!  Now, I just need a trip somewhere!

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lolakimono My Dad is in a care facility, his health is extremely poor. I visit him every Saturday. I have two brothers who are all about themselves, narcissists. They're never going to change unless they confront so many things, so it's toxic to have them in my life.

I don't have that many friends, the people I did have supporting me when my Mom was here have all (except for a couple) disappeared from my life. Why, well that's for them to answer. I've cried too many tears about it.

Being holiday time that I absolutely dread, it's probably time for me to join a grief support group again. Medication and therapy can't do everything. Without both though I shudder to think where I'd be.

Thanks for caring

@Greeneyedlady21 

Have you thought about traveling on the holidays? Maybe, a group tour?  Also, I don't know what your faith is but maybe get involved in a church or temple?

I don't know your name but I'm going to pray for you. 

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal   I went into a closet that doesn't get alot of action and purged everything but a heating blanket.  I tossed an old green utilitarian looking Wilson duffle bag and said, okay Bernie, at your age, you need to carry something a bit more sophisticated.  I didn't want to pay much because I don't know how often I will use it.  I have no idea when it will arrived However I'm looking forward to it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama 

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and it came yesterday. It's pretty and bigger than I thought. My old travel bag was worn and torn! We need to plan an AM Style trip!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I had an absolutely awful week. I'm glad that I can recognize that buying clothes is not going to be the answer. I need to do some productive things this weekend, but this week and my emotions have just drained all my motivation. Feeling very down and missing my Mom so much.

@Greeneyedlady21  I'm so very sorry about your week.  I understand the "missing my mom".  I've been missing my maman for over 4 years and the so called holidays seem to make it worse.  Sending you a giant hug from another missing her mom girl.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

i will be sending special thoughts to you over the holidays.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1  I've been considering buying the card holders you posted. Our insurance changed at work, and I now have so many new cards I also need a new wallet.

@Greeneyedlady21  I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My siblings live far away and never helped when my dad was in care and passed. It was a difficult time. Please know you're in my thoughts with support.  I think I admitted once on this board that I automatically tear up each Friday after I grocery shop after work. I used to buy my mom's food and necesseties then, bring them to her, sometimes go out for dinner, and take care of her house. Now, I just go home alone to my own house. My child is going to the Significant Other's parents' house for Thanksgiving this year and will be here just before New Year's for a brief holiday visit. With everyone I've lost in such a short time, I often feel lost and amaze myself that I'm still standing. I began writing novels (mostly historical fiction) about 7-8 years ago that I upload to kindle, and I guess that turned out to be a truly saving focus for me 5 years later when my mom passed. I also take on extra tasks at work that I sometimes complain about, but they do keep my mind busy and not on how much I miss my loved ones. Idk, maybe keeping your mind extra busy could help. I keep in touch with friends from my childhood, and although they're not near we hold each other up at times. And, a little retail therapy once in a while can be uplifting.

Have a good week, Fashionistas. I look forward to hearing about the Black Friday and Cyber Monday fashions you find!

Honored Contributor

Just another Caturday on the heated throw. Heart