Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I am so sorry.  I've been thinking about my Mom quite a bit over the last few weeks.  We were so very close much like you and your mom. 

I hope things get better- Generally when you get so far down the only place to go is straight up.  Will be thinking of you-

Honored Contributor

Re: A MS chat sat 23 Nov

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@lolakimono   Kitties are the best furry babies in the world.

@Nonametoday 

They are both sharing the same blanket now. Heart

In January it will be six years since we brought them home.  The boy cat was like a rubber chicken the first time we met him- flopped all over us looking for hugs and kisses.   The semi-feral girl cat has been a tough nut to crack.  She can run VERY fast, and spent a long time running away from BF (and from me).  We have had some very recent breakthroughs.  Last week, BF was able to pick her up, carry her up a flight of stairs, and put her in bed for a nap.  Just last night, she hopped up onto my chest and sat there for five minutes.  She will sleep in the bed, but she's mostly a foot cat.  I think the cold weather makes her a bit more "lovey."

@lolakimono 

How sweet.  There are a couple feral cats in our area and although they are beautiful, I cannot get them.  My neighbor rescues cats and she has not been able to get them long enough to take them in for their vaccinations and just a general check but we feed them.  I put food out in the evenings and she puts it out in the mornings.  They hide in my shrubberies and hers.  They have "sprayed" for us so no other animals bother us.  (LOL)

My sweet boy kitty was euthanized at age 17 about 5 years ago and for the first time in my life, I don't have an indoor kitty but we decided that we probably will not live 17 years and were we to get a kitty, it would not be fair if we left them and if they were to die before us, the grief is too hard.  DH is very ill and it does require a lot of my time and with him in and out of the hospital, we are often gone too much.   We had our last pet, a sweet doggie, euthanized about a month ago. It is hard.  It is very hard to give them up.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

It is impressive how girl kitty has finally accepted you all as "family." Amazing how animals and humans alike can be so "formed" by life events when tiny! It took six years for her to reach this point!

Remember everyone,
stress" has consequences! I now have the least stressed-out life (lol) but many who have what I have Lichen find that the best they can do to prevent a breakout is to practice some sort of stress reduction activity such as deep breathing. 

I never think I am stressed until after the fact...I think it is sometimes difficult to recognize. Ohm... meditate.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Re: A MS chat sat 23 Nov

[ Edited ]

Good morning all!  We slept late today; it's pouring rain here and was so cozy. 

@LTT1 

When we have traveled on Thanksgiving, we have learned that Cracker Barrell makes a good lunch. If you call ahead, you can pick it up and not have to wait in line.🦃

@Jtdmum 

Good news about your dog. 🐶

@Greeneyedlady21 

I am going to put you on my prayer list at church. 🙏💐 

@lolakimono 

We went to Pigeon Forge yesterday for our anniversary and I thought of you. We went in this huge boot store called Stages West. They had a pair of tie dyed boots and boots of every color and florals!👢

@I am still oxox

Hope you have a better week!

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal 

Did you find a "me" pair of boots there?

I used to get their emails, but then during Black Friday and other "sale" seasons I'll get more than 200 emails a day, so I unsubscribed from the most obnoxious of the vendors.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Have you considered fostering?

My rescue groups are always trying to beat the kill shelter deadlines, looking for short-term and long term fosters.  You would be their ideal foster mom, someone with experience with both cats and dogs!  Usually the rescue organization picks up the tab for food and vet bills.  

Honored Contributor

Hello, I slept in a little, then got preoccupied, lol.

It sounds like everyone is hanging in there despite challenges. 

I ordered this Vera Bradley Weekender from the Q (clearance).  

Vera Bradley Signature Print Grand Traveler - A370852

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Nonametoday 

Have you considered fostering?

My rescue groups are always trying to beat the kill shelter deadlines, looking for short-term and long term fosters.  You would be their ideal foster mom, someone with experience with both cats and dogs!  Usually the rescue organization picks up the tab for food and vet bills.  

@lolakimono 

I got a call about doing that once but DH was very, very ill at the time and was about to be sent to a teaching hospital a couple-hundred miles away.  I never got back with them about it, but that is an option.  I love kitties (DH loves doggies).  We both like animals but we have our favorites.  If we fostered a dog, I know he would want to keep it.  Our son brings his 4 dogs over to visit and DH loves that and wants to keep them.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono My Dad is in a care facility, his health is extremely poor. I visit him every Saturday. I have two brothers who are all about themselves, narcissists. They're never going to change unless they confront so many things, so it's toxic to have them in my life.

I don't have that many friends, the people I did have supporting me when my Mom was here have all (except for a couple) disappeared from my life. Why, well that's for them to answer. I've cried too many tears about it.

Being holiday time that I absolutely dread, it's probably time for me to join a grief support group again. Medication and therapy can't do everything. Without both though I shudder to think where I'd be.

Thanks for caring

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Tennesseegal 

Did you find a "me" pair of boots there?

I used to get their emails, but then during Black Friday and other "sale" seasons I'll get more than 200 emails a day, so I unsubscribed from the most obnoxious of the vendors.

No. LOL I was actually looking for some type of short rain/ snow shoe for the rare snow occasions we have but didn't find anything.