Esteemed Contributor

Re: A M style live chat 10/30

@LTT1 

Make sure you get it from the deli, not the pre-packaged stuff.  When I order online, they even limit your order to two ... it's that good!

Super Contributor

Morning!  and Happy "almost" Halloween....BOO!!

Our Trick or Treat is tonight and for the very first time ever, I will not be home to distribute goodies.  Making up treats for the neighbor kids and will deliver later today, but it will be lights out tonight unfortunately.

Not finding anything too exciting this a.m.  May have to scan other websites.  Like Carole Hochman p.j.'s, but NOT "investing" $60 to lounge and sleep this winter.  Will watch for her items at Costco.

BJ's coming to our area in December.  Have heard good things about them over the years, but no first hand experience.  Anyone have input about their clothing offers?

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Marten's RE fit and comfort?

Yes.  During the grunge era, I wore them, and they were extremely hard to "break in".  Blisters.  Ouch.  Loved them, after that - they were extremely cool and the soft sole was nice (though it wore out quickly).  Don't know that I would spend money on them today.

I wore them at my various outdoor/need boots jobs.  At the time, something different, but they were also good for dressier when you needed that "authentic" I've walked a mile, look.  I had walked the mile, believe me.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Thank you for your feedback. I am considering a pre-owned pair, but on their site it says to size down if you are a half size.  I think the "breaking in" would be taken care of for me.  The price is still $$ for pre-ownned though.

Honored Contributor

@SoX @jackthebear @lolakimono @1 DancinQueen @Sweetbay magnolia 

I ordered your item. I hope you don't mind! Just fell in love with it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

That color-block jacket?  Oh, great ! ...   hope you love it ... my delivery should be on Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone. Went for an early walk in the rain before it gets worse. Enjoying posting at the other forum and avoiding bothersome things here.

Tomorrow I might go to Marshall's to return Jessica Simpson fleece lined leggings that I bought last weekend. Two pack attached to each other with those little plastic things. Even after cutting them very carefully, I tried one on...big hole. I understand why those have to be used, but in tights or thin leggings, no.

I have bought several Christmas gifts already, don't have that many to buy. Bought myself these coin earrings from Nordstrom because I liked them and they were on sale for $28. Haven't received them yet. It's a Queen Elizabeth coin(not real, a replica) From a brand I had never seen before, Ekkita. They have some pretty pieces.

5865f121-29ac-4d8e-a252-4cb66fe0465e.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Does anyone have experience with Dr. Marten's RE fit and comfort?

Yes.  During the grunge era, I wore them, and they were extremely hard to "break in".  Blisters.  Ouch.  Loved them, after that - they were extremely cool and the soft sole was nice (though it wore out quickly).  Don't know that I would spend money on them today.

I wore them at my various outdoor/need boots jobs.  At the time, something different, but they were also good for dressier when you needed that "authentic" I've walked a mile, look.  I had walked the mile, believe me.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Thank you for your feedback. I am considering a pre-owned pair, but on their site it says to size down if you are a half size.  I think the "breaking in" would be taken care of for me.  The price is still $$ for pre-ownned though.

can you go somewhere and try a pair on for sizing?

I had a pair years ago but don't remember much about fit 

Respected Contributor

@SoX 

I just had to chime in here. Those are sooo cute and are reminiscent of boots we used to wear in the 70's. They came in either a darker beige then what you're showing here, and a chocolate brown...no fur.  They were unisex and we rocked them with straight leg Lee's and leather jackets;  in fall colors like maroon and rust. 😝 In New York City we called them Lil Abner's. Through the years my friend and I have been on the hunt for them. What you show here is the closest to them, updated and feminine. 
Thanks for the memory and I will look for them and alert my friend. 😊 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Desertdi 

I really, really dislike "affirmation"  clothes and jewelry.    And that sweater is. a   ... well, "bless your heart" if you like that sort of thing.  

@SoX     I'm with you.  di  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I like the boots you featured @SoX 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise