Trusted Contributor

Re: A M style Sun may 26

[ Edited ]

twinny70 wrote:

We have been on vacation for 11 days and I haven't been able to get the Q at any of our motels in KY or TN.  

We have been in the 90's for several days but no rain or nasty storms. The beaches have been nice.

e will be in IN tomorrow with stormy weather greeting us.  I am hoping to go to the flea maret in Shipshewana on Tuesday if the weather cooperates.  Then back to home on Wednesday or Thursday.

I am reflecting on Memorial Day this weekend.  My fil passed away 30 years ago yesterday and his memorial service was on Memorial Day.  Such a nice guy and my dh's 93 year old mom is a wonderful mil too.

@twinny70
Your comment regarding remembering your FIL on this Memorial Day weekend was refreshing!   I cringe everytime I hear someone say, 'Happy Memorial Day'. Don't people know that it's a time set aside to honor people who lost their lives while serving in some branch of the U.S. military?  Saying Happy Memorial Day, to my way of thinking, is inappropriate.  I would like to say to you, I'm sorry that your FIL died during his military service,but I am sending up my gratitude to him and your family for the ultimate sacrifice he made to our country in his service to protect freedom here and globally.. .
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Serena Sue Leah said the scarf was her own

Esteemed Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

twinny70 wrote:

We have been on vacation for 11 days and I haven't been able to get the Q at any of our motels in KY or TN.  

We have been in the 90's for several days but no rain or nasty storms. The beaches have been nice.

e will be in IN tomorrow with stormy weather greeting us.  I am hoping to go to the flea maret in Shipshewana on Tuesday if the weather cooperates.  Then back to home on Wednesday or Thursday.

I am reflecting on Memorial Day this weekend.  My fil passed away 30 years ago yesterday and his memorial service was on Memorial Day.  Such a nice guy and my dh's 93 year old mom is a wonderful mil too.

@twinny70
Your comment regarding remembering your FIL on this Memorial Day weekend was refreshing!   I cringe everytime I hear someone say, 'Happy Memorial Day'. Don't people know that it's a time set aside to honor people who lost their lives while serving in some branch of the U.S. military?  Saying Happy Memorial Day, to my way of thinking, is inappropriate.  I would like to say to you, I'm sorry that your FIL died during his military service,but I am sending up my gratitude to him and your family for the ultimate sacrifice he made to our country in his service to protect freedom here and globally.. .

My fil was in the Army & stationed in England, but he passed away at 74.  My dad was in the Air Force stationed in England where he met my mom.