Honored Contributor

must be the only one up,

Isaac and Leah are on trying to sell a set of scarves that I have seen before

still winterlike here  

Frequent Contributor

Re: A M Style chat 4 April 18

Good morning Jackthebear! Not impressed with this morning's lineup. Hope you have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

Just woke up another cloudy day here ;(

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi jackthebear & ceodih.  I haven't been up this early for months & then I woke up to Breezies.  

It is cold here too, but we have had a good winter.  We got 2" of snow on Wednesday & it was gone on Thursday.  We might get 1-3 of snow tomorrow.  I prefer cold weather to hot weather.

The excitement around here is that one of my DH's retired co-workers just won $350,000 in the lottery.  He lives 4 blocks from us & the Lucky 7 gas station is 4 blocks from us too.  We are happy for him, but we don't buy lottery tickets.

My PT is going well & I will be done in 2 more weeks.  Then we are going to KY/TN for a two week vacation.  So far entering the next decade isn't for sissies.

It is our all church cleaning day today, so I will be getting my DH up sooner than normal.  I excuse myself & will stay home.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Earth Origins two piece sandal huh, its not a swim suit, how about two strap

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Good morning all.  I am writing you you from rehab after being in the hospital all last week. I have been here 6 days so far. with the purpose of strengthening the legs.

It is grueling PT, but hopefully will help.  

I keep QVC on muted just for company in my room.  The aides and nurses stop by to see  what is being sold.

Hope all well with each of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi I amstilloxox, it is getting sunny but will be in the low 30's today.  Mother Nature is playing games with us.  Next week should be in the 50's.

The hot tub is fabulous this time of the year & it helps me with my neck rehab.  I don't get much done around here because I use the heating pad & do several neck exercises 3x a day.  

My 17 year old dgs is going to need  surgery on his right leg again.  The tibia has healed beautifully, but when he runs his leg hurts & when he quits running, the pain goes away.  The steel rod will have to be removed (by hammer) under anesthetic & he will need at least 6 more weeks of recuperation.  Ugh.  He has been going to PT since last September.

Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

Good morning all.  I am writing you you from rehab after being in the hospital all last week. I have been here 6 days so far. with the purpose of strengthening the legs.

It is grueling PT, but hopefully will help.  

I keep QVC on muted just for company in my room.  The aides and nurses stop by to see  what is being sold.

Hope all well with each of you.

gmkb, my prayers are with you that you will be doing better soon.  Hopefully the PT will have good results.  This is the first time that PT hasn't been painful for me.  I have always struggled with PT on my legs.  I get tired easily though.

Honored Contributor

Woke up this morning looked out the bathroom window to see what? SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, early'ish late eve started to rain. At some point it turned to snow. everything is covered again, colder than a well, you know!

We're finally seeing the tax man aka our accountant to get the old taxes done. No surprises we do know that for sure, it's just a hassle as we all know!

This being my birthmonth as since I'm old, okay I turn that golden age of 65 and we all know what this means!!!  You guessed it, my first medicare qrtly bill showed up in the mailbox this week. Took some doing to get on part a as I'm a retired st of OH emp who had no freaking idea this state does not pay into medicare to earn credits when this time comes around in our lives. How could I not know this info???? I don ot know the snawer to that but it's true, I did not but found out the hard way when I got the denial letter. I'm now on A&B because of DH's credits. In any event, good to go.

I returned both SG tsv skorts, like many complained, they're much shorter that her other skorts have been. And xs was a bit big for me, wasn't thrilled with them back they went.

DH bought tons of heirloom seeds this season and has some coming up, planted onion set last weekend outside. We've daffs in bloom out front, primrose from last yr, blooming golden yellow, a few crocuses inbloom fading out though as well a great little yellow/red stripe beginning. Love this time of year walking w/poodle man Wallace when it's nicer out to begin walking again. Cherries in bloom on one street we travel look nice but w/this weather fading face. Yeah, a great time of season, love it!

Trusted Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I started watching earlier, but just checking in now.  I was doing laundry and dusting my baseboards when Leah announced it was No Housework Day.  Unfortunately, I can't participate in that today.  

Really kind of like the Joan Rivers blouse that's on now, and I also like the Earth Origins sandals that were presented earlier.  I don't really need sandals, as I can't wear open-toe shoes to work and I have more than enough for the amount of time that I can wear them.  Not buying the blouse either, though I think it's cute.  I'm in the mood to shop lately, but I just joined Weight Watchers last night, so I think I'll wait a while before making any clothing purchases.