Honored Contributor

Re: A,M. Style Live Chat- 9/5

Morning all nothing tempting here, I can not even begin to think about Fall clothes, Labor Day weekend still in Summer mode, last full weekend at the pool, it is open next weekend 10-6 I think, its like why bother.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Okay, so I'm interested in your opinion about something, unrelated to fashion. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Buttercups

I don't own any cashmere.  I think it's because I've always thought cashmere was high maintenance.  

It's not,

I wash my cashmere in the wash machine (SG) in cold and a bag with Eucalan then just dry it.  Kashmere goats are tough creatures.  Need to worry more about the moths getting to it

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Morning all nothing tempting here, I can not even begin to think about Fall clothes, Labor Day weekend still in Summer mode, last full weekend at the pool, it is open next weekend 10-6 I think, its like why bother.

I am sooooooo through with summer. It has been so crazy hot here for weeks.  Yesterday it was a frigid 86 degrees and it felt like fall.  I'm ready to decorate my front porch.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

@house_cat - and may your wish be granted. Smiley Wink Cashmere in 90 degree heat -- all I can think is how hot are they on set?

How's your furbaby, still missing her friend? How are you?

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, so I'm interested in your opinion about something, unrelated to fashion. 

Since when do we discuss fashion on this thread?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Bird, we're all ears!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, ladies!  It's going to be another hot, steamy day.  There are a few thundershowers this morning.  The weather always seems to be hot and humid during the State Fair.  The only day that might be nice the rest of this weekend is Monday, Labor Day.

I'm practicing on my new Apple Laptop.  I'm learning more every day, but still want to take another 1 hour class sometime next week.  I like that it doesn't take 15 minutes to get my laptop started in the morning (like it did with my old Dell, before I had it wiped clean, Windows 7 reinstalled, along with my documents and pictures and Norton anti-virus).  

I just checked my QVC orders this morning, and the two pairs of Quacker Factory TSV jeans that I ordered yesterday morning have gone to "back order".  I can't understand that, because my colors and sizes where available when I ordered the two pairs of jeans (not even close to being sold out).  Do you think I'll get the jeans?

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups wrote:

@house_cat - and may your wish be granted. Smiley Wink Cashmere in 90 degree heat -- all I can think is how hot are they on set?

How's your furbaby, still missing her friend? How are you?

She's calming down, not as much vocalizing.  As much as I loved the dog and miss her, I don't miss walking her at 6 am in the dark, worrying about coyotes and other scary creatures.  I won't get another dog as long as we're living in a home without a backyard.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Before niece had baby, her mother (my sister) mentioned a couple of times that niece wanted an uninterrupted week (basically 8-28 thru 9-7) with hubbie, first child and new baby.  

That branch of the family can be funny, not ha ha funny, just funny.  I don't push myself on any of them.  They all live within 15 mins of me and I see them about 4 times a year.  I am the least likely to show up at anyone's house unannounced and uninvited so I took the 'notice' with a grain of salt.

Baby came, texted congrats and cute baby back to sister when she sent me pics of baby.  Sister tells other sister that niece will call other sister and me and let us know when we can visit.  This comment kind of offends other sister and I tell her, let it go in one ear and out the other.  It's the 3rd kid born, we'll see it eventually (lol).

Following me so far?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise