Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 9/13

Good morning, ladies. I tried so hard to be ready on time, but it looks like I'm late for the party AGAIN.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Favorite Son said:

Bird, I feel so awful for you about that idiotic endocrinologist. I have been to so many doctors with parents and sister over the past year, and all I can say is that there are good endocrinologists out there. My sister has one. You might really want to consider someone else.

Favorite Son - we have a shortage of that provider specialty here in MI. It took me 3 months to get in with the one I have. I see her twice a year - it will be okay. I've already told her we won't be increasing the dose anytime soon, regardless of her TSH results. I asked her to runa free T3 and free T4, which probably pitzed her off. Usually, she okays for test results to post to HenryFord Mychart in record time. If blood is taking on Tues, I get results by Wednesday night. I still don't have the results from the blood work taking on Tues. No big deal. I see my gyno next month - he'll do the tests over for me if I ask.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 house_cat said:

Good morning, ladies. I tried so hard to be ready on time, but it looks like I'm late for the party AGAIN.

Don't feel bad ... it started an hour earlier. I thought I was being an over-achieving student by arriving early ... imagine my surprise when the lights were already on when I got here.

Respected Contributor

So if this is a day of accessories I hope that means no Whirly Bird or Fit Model presentations during AM Style.

What on EARTH is Leah wearing? I can't decide whether it looks like she's auditioning to be the evil protagonist on The Bridge, or one of the Sister Wives.

Honored Contributor

The TV listing said AM Beauty, so I watched a murder show until I read OXOX talking about socks. Then I switched it over and was surprised to see A.M. Style! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

IMO... doctors have put us in the position of attending to our own health issues... I wish mine wouldn't "punish" or resent me for doing this and then asking them questions...

SoX... so glad the coat has beautiful colors... takes determination sometimes to get the right size... I would like to know when you get it in the right size... bet its pretty... love the boots you posted that you got, too. Did they work out?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 SoX said:

Bird, I love your interaction with your doctor ... more of us need to do this! I should add that I do have a good rapport with my doctor whom I've been with twenty years. (She seemed to have been impressed that I was an instructor in a class she attended when she was a medical student at the hospital where I worked at the time.)

Sox, when I first meet a new doctor, I let him or her know that I value their dedication to education and their opinion. I advise them that I follow NO ONE blindly and question everything. I ask if that is going to be a problem, because if it is, let's save each other's time and end it here. I will find someone else that will partner with me versus dictate to me. She got the spiel in January.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Bird mama said:

Bird, I feel so awful for you about that idiotic endocrinologist. I have been to so many doctors with parents and sister over the past year, and all I can say is that there <em>are</em> good endocrinologists out there. My sister has one. You might really want to consider someone else.

Favorite Son - we have a shortage of that provider specialty here in MI. It took me 3 months to get in with the one I have. I see her twice a year - it will be okay. I've already told her we won't be increasing the dose anytime soon, regardless of her TSH results. I asked her to runa free T3 and free T4, which probably pitzed her off. Usually, she okays for test results to post to HenryFord Mychart in record time. If blood is taking on Tues, I get results by Wednesday night. I still don't have the results from the blood work taking on Tues. No big deal. I see my gyno next month - he'll do the tests over for me if I ask.

Bird, I'm pretty sure that one of the provisions of Obamacare was that DHHS got to mandate to Medicare and Medicaid participants that they are required to have electronic access to medical records. I don't believe she has an option about sharing your medical information with you. Lots of the old guard physicians really resent this. Believe me, I've been hearing all the bellyaching about it over the past year from one of my father's physicians, who is nearly as old as my dad.

Honored Contributor

What on EARTH is Leah wearing? I can't decide whether it looks like she's auditioning to be the evil protagonist on The Bridge, or one of the Sister Wives.

I think it's a bit Hobbit. I guess the brown boots are to show the detail of the boots, but I am a bit puzzled. Perhaps it's time for another glass of iced tea for me.

Honored Contributor

Leah thinks any outfit can be salvaged with a scarf.

~ house cat ~