Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 9/13

On 9/13/2014 lovestoteach said:

The scarf is very pretty, lola! (with a shoe named after you and Bird mama... a house slipper!)

And a Vera bag too! I'm very popular today.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

Does anyone know if the tunic Maria is wearing with the Spanx cotton leggings is available? It's ivory and has a blank print.

Esteemed Contributor

Who is ellen and are you the one having dental work? is it xoxo? and what is SN? I am not "with it" today at all -- "engage brain"

Yes, yes and yes ... hi, LTT!

Honored Contributor

SN- screen name

Honored Contributor

What did the endocrinologist say to you, Bird mama?

It started out friendly enough. I gave her a copy of the results of the July blood work that my other doctor performed. First thing out of her mouth was your cholesterol is high. I said, really? Well I dropped my LDL over 50 points so you are not raining on my parade. I said it while laughing, in a friendly way.

I said that I was concerned about weight gain and an increase in belly fa (this isn't a typo). She didn't let me finish the sentence - instead interjecting a strong "There is no connection to the Synthroid". I said, okay.

Then I said, I'd like to talk to you about decreasing the dose. She said, I don't recommend that (looking like the church lady at this point )

She said, your TSH is at the perfect range. I said I don't have the same performance anxiety regarding blood work scores as you doctor, something needs to change.

She was struck dumb and then fell back on something totally ridiculous. She said if I decrease your dose, your cholesterol will go up. I said, 6 months ago, when I asked you if the synthroid would help my cholesterol, you said the medication would do nothing to improve the LDL. Now, when I want to decrease the dose, you say the medicine will wreak havoc on my LDL, which is it?

I told her that I didn't see her often enough to want to argue with her and that we could drop it. I told her that I figured out what to do about my cholesterol on my own and would figure out the thyroid thing.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Who is ellen and are you the one having dental work? is it xoxo? and what is SN? I am not "with it" today at all -- "engage brain"

I am Ellen and not sure how she knew my name lol, I got bored with my sn and change it to stilloxox sorry for the confusion

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 lolakimono said:

The scarf is very pretty, lola! (with a shoe named after you and Bird mama... a house slipper!)

And a Vera bag too! I'm very popular today.

I just heard! Do you have a star on the Walk of Fame, too?

Honored Contributor

Sox, I love the boots.

Lovestoteach , what's going on with the hair?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Stilloxox said:

I am Ellen and not sure how she knew my name lol, I got bored with my sn and change it to stilloxox sorry for the confusion

You mentioned it in your first post, I think ... (I'm very observant, dontcha know)Wink

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Bird mama said:

What did the endocrinologist say to you, Bird mama?

It started out friendly enough. I gave her a copy of the results of the July blood work that my other doctor performed. First thing out of her mouth was your cholesterol is high. I said, really? Well I dropped my LDL over 50 points so you are not raining on my parade. I said it while laughing, in a friendly way.

I said that I was concerned about weight gain and an increase in belly fa (this isn't a typo). She didn't let me finish the sentence - instead interjecting a strong "There is no connection to the Synthroid". I said, okay.

Then I said, I'd like to talk to you about decreasing the dose. She said, I don't recommend that (looking like the church lady at this point )

She said, your TSH is at the perfect range. I said I don't have the same performance anxiety regarding blood work scores as you doctor, something needs to change.

She was struck dumb and then fell back on something totally ridiculous. She said if I decrease your dose, your cholesterol will go up. I said, 6 months ago, when I asked you if the synthroid would help my cholesterol, you said the medication would do nothing to improve the LDL. Now, when I want to decrease the dose, you say the medicine will wreak havoc on my LDL, which is it?

I told her that I didn't see her often enough to want to argue with her and that we could drop it. I told her that I figured out what to do about my cholesterol on my own and would figure out the thyroid thing.

Oh, Bird, this is an awful way for a doctor to treat somebody.... this is not right. She is a BIG help to you... talk about a lack of sense of humor...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~