Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 8/31, 7:00

@lolakimono  I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

We're in our 4th consecutive week of an Excessive Heat Warning. In each of those weeks, there've been 2-5 days in a row of 110+ temps during the day & only 90-ish at night. At work, people say we've gone from being in an oven to being in a kiln. This coming week, the temps are supposed to drop 8 degrees & be closer to normal. In the back of my mind, I've considered working 2+ years yet to add to my pension & for SS to mature. But, this heat seals the deal that I'll likely stop next spring so I can move north to a cooler climate then.

I'm still waiting for the P Nash purse I bought last weekend. Tracking says it's in Utah, so it'll be a few days yet. I bought a pair of Diane G's cargo pants last week. They arrived, and I like them.

Enjoy the holiday weekend, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   you will learn how to spoil yourself.  It just takes practice.  I spent a lifetime catering to other people's needs first (and would probably do it all over again Woman Wink) and I had to learn that it was okay for me to cater to me once in awhile.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  I've lived in Michigan my whole life and can't imagine that kind of heat.  Move north, I think you'll like it.  Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Also in the clearance section of TJ Maxx today I saw a beautiful Theory cropped collarless/buttonless blazer. $45. Was originally 149 in TJM. Unfortunately for me it was a size 2

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

greeneyedlady, happy birthday 🎂🎂🎂 & I am sorry for the loss of your mom.  I love your animal print clothes too.  

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday @Greeneyedlady21  !

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Happy Birthday!  I hope that each day is a little bit better than the day before.

Image result for happy birthday irish gif

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Also in the clearance section of TJ Maxx today I saw a beautiful Theory cropped collarless/buttonless blazer. $45. Was originally 149 in TJM. Unfortunately for me it was a size 2

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

cute dress at Marshalls BCCG . for $20 a bit too big for me, kind of glad they didn't have my size b/c I don't really need it 

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Dawnie  Speaking of falling, I forgot to mention I too had a fall in our driveway last Sunday. Grabbed a 24pk of water, tripped on the uneven driveway and down I went. Scrape on right forearm, twisted my bad right knee.

Happily though, nothing broke, 2 days later, knee is no worse than it was prior to, scrape and bruises almost nonexistant. My angel was with me.

DH came running out to see what I was moaning about as I went down, looked at me spawled on the drive with water bottles rolling down the alley said and I quote "what's wrong?"

After I laughed at him because he seems to never disappoint, just get the rest of the groceries, I'll figure out how to get up myself, but thank you honey!

OMG so sorry you fell. Glad nothing broke. YIKES......and hey I finally got an Apple Watch yesterday -- just decided to go for it. It has a fall monitor on it that automatically calls EMS if you fall and are immobile for 30 seconds. If you aren't immobile you can either call the EMS yourself or you can shut that off. Kind of cool. Be careful out there!!

love my Apple watch,  and you can get all kinds of fun bands for it too

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

LTT1, have fun looking for a new place to live.  Our home will be 24 years old in December.  Thank goodness it's an open concept b/c when I was very suddenly wheel chair bound, my DH could get me from Point A to Point B.  We do have a full basement but have S. Exposure patio doors to get me into the basement.  Thank goodness I can do steps again and my washer is in the basement.  It's a short walk for me to hang out the laundry.

Breakfast is over, my DH is doing his regular Saturday morning housework and I am taking off for my moped/walk to the library/downtown Farmer 's market.

I will be reading your posts later.

ETA:  it's supposed to rain, but it's a beautiful sunny 70's day again.

good point about wheelchairs and open plan houses, I really don't like them much. 

we have a ranch and glad for it when one of us had un expected surgery