Valued Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 8/31, 7:00

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Dawnie  Speaking of falling, I forgot to mention I too had a fall in our driveway last Sunday. Grabbed a 24pk of water, tripped on the uneven driveway and down I went. Scrape on right forearm, twisted my bad right knee.

Happily though, nothing broke, 2 days later, knee is no worse than it was prior to, scrape and bruises almost nonexistant. My angel was with me.

DH came running out to see what I was moaning about as I went down, looked at me spawled on the drive with water bottles rolling down the alley said and I quote "what's wrong?"

After I laughed at him because he seems to never disappoint, just get the rest of the groceries, I'll figure out how to get up myself, but thank you honey!

OMG so sorry you fell. Glad nothing broke. YIKES......and hey I finally got an Apple Watch yesterday -- just decided to go for it. It has a fall monitor on it that automatically calls EMS if you fall and are immobile for 30 seconds. If you aren't immobile you can either call the EMS yourself or you can shut that off. Kind of cool. Be careful out there!!

Super Contributor

I will be very interested in how your Madewell tees wear. I bought 3 last summer. The white one developed very small holes in the waist area. Looked like moth holes. The only place the holes were was in the front. Also bought a white one from Loft. Same problem w/holes. Looked online and found suggestions it could be due to belt or snag from pants zipper. Have wondered if it was the white fabric or truly due to a snag caused by pants. Never an issue with the black or grey ones that I bought. Haven't bought a tee from Madewell or Loft since. If you think about doing a follow up post on these, I'd like to know what you find after wearing them awhile.
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

I am sorry to hear that you had a fall, but glad that your knee is none the worse!

Go Buckeyes!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@dsw503 

I too have been having holes in tops around the waist and only in front.

It is caused by my seat belt in the car!👀

Now, I tuck my shirt tail into the waistband of my pants/jeans.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

Thank you so much!

I am looking at every one of these and appreciate your input!

I did order the turtleneck in a wine color and it should be here today!

The crewneck essential has been my summer staple...love it!

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle   Thanks so much. I too think it's wise to have something on your person to nowadays call someone immediately if/when you need help.

Periodically I get calls for those that can hang around your neck to alert someone (you know the one, I've fallen and I can't...). I chuckle and hang up but reality is, we worried about our parents at (my) age, now it's our turn.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone. I bought a snake print blouse at TJ Maxx this morning on clearance for $12. Repeated the same C Klein red dress mistake Friday by not buying a CK leopard print shirtdress that I tried on. It fit so beautifully..it actually seemed to have a bit of olive green in it so I wasn't sure about that. $40. Macy's sells it for $139.

Tomorrow is my birthday, still sad and difficult for me after losing my Mom last year. I'm planning to go on a harbor cruise and any other spontaneous thing I feel up to doing. Not doing anything just makes it worse in terms of feeling sad and down. 

I hope everyone in the path of the hurricane stays safe and that it is not as bad as it could be🙏

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

CK leopard dress @ Marshalls 

Calvin-Klein-Animal-Print-Shirtdress.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Image result for birthday floral arrangement female

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Thank you so much. I'm going to buy myself flowers tomorrow too, no one else is going to. Self care. It's hard for me to get used to.