Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 8/31, 7:00

@lolakimono 

Yes, I think this will be a concern. But the issue is, according to the agent, that is how they build in Pittsburgh.

Mike still isn't convinced because of the steps (which are steep and narrow) and the small master bath (I would like different too).

He wants to look north of this area and south (south - newer construction with maybe larger bath and not so many steps). We will see about this possibility in October. 👀

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Dawnie  Speaking of falling, I forgot to mention I too had a fall in our driveway last Sunday. Grabbed a 24pk of water, tripped on the uneven driveway and down I went. Scrape on right forearm, twisted my bad right knee.

Happily though, nothing broke, 2 days later, knee is no worse than it was prior to, scrape and bruises almost nonexistant. My angel was with me.

DH came running out to see what I was moaning about as I went down, looked at me spawled on the drive with water bottles rolling down the alley said and I quote "what's wrong?"

After I laughed at him because he seems to never disappoint, just get the rest of the groceries, I'll figure out how to get up myself, but thank you honey!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

Which Halston tops did you get?

@lolakimono @Dawnie 

So thanks for your input regarding the steps!

What a hazard!

And I didn't even consider carrying laundry (and groceries!) oooooo. We had better look further.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1   they're Cam's essentials mostly that run the neckline gamots, v-neck, a bit of an open round and a closer crew. I think they all have diff item numbers, a couple w/slits on the sides, all slightly loose on the bottoms. I can round up the item #s for you but I think they're all mostly sold out. I buy xs in  his tops like these but I can wear xxs if I love them and NEED them!!! lol

I have tons of the same designs in short sleeves too. I LOVE THIS FABRIC he uses. Easy to wear, easy to launder, hang to dry.

I'll get the item #s and post for you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

LTT1, have fun looking for a new place to live.  Our home will be 24 years old in December.  Thank goodness it's an open concept b/c when I was very suddenly wheel chair bound, my DH could get me from Point A to Point B.  We do have a full basement but have S. Exposure patio doors to get me into the basement.  Thank goodness I can do steps again and my washer is in the basement.  It's a short walk for me to hang out the laundry.

Breakfast is over, my DH is doing his regular Saturday morning housework and I am taking off for my moped/walk to the library/downtown Farmer 's market.

I will be reading your posts later.

ETA:  it's supposed to rain, but it's a beautiful sunny 70's day again.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Okay, here we go - I scanned my orders with pen in hand. Found a lot of Halston tops:

A369243

A347340

A304524

A351822

A296773 (my fav, have every color)

2 really cute light wght long sleeve sweaters, soft bell sleeves Halston A311452

Not long ago Kerstin & Gary sold me a really cute long sleever too D&Co A345251 in blue/fuchia floral.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Even though I know it can be kind of a downer when looking at potential new homes, it's not a bad idea to study the size of doorways and access to critical rooms on each floor (assuming it's multi level).

By that I mean, can the doorway accommodate a person on a walker or in a wheelchair?  This is not to suggest a family member will become wheelchair dependent or anything.  You never know who may need surgery that involves some time on a walker or in a wheelchair during recovery.

I'm in a two story house.  There is a main bath on the second floor and half bath on the first floor.  I was in my late 30's when we did the walkthrough on this house and believe it or not, I was thinking, if one of us got sick, I could convert the front room/living room into a bedroom if necessary and at least the main floor would offer access to a bed, kitchen and half bath.  Also there was access to the family room and the bigger TV.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

That’s a great thought @Bird mama on the size of the doorways.  Had to call 911 for DH once.  EMT brought the stretcher right next to the bed.  He rolled off onto it.  House was built in 1999, all doorways accommodate stretchers, wheelchairs.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Those two with the bell sleeves are thin. I wore one to the beauty salon on Thursday with a tank underneath and will wear a long sleeve tee when it's chillier out. I do really like these sweaters, I'm not one for bell sleeves but these are slight.

Valued Contributor

As a retired teacher, I don't envy you, 

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 

I was looking forward to school...

Wednesday (after hours) I got an email from admin. that they were adding another class to my schedule (which means another prep) so I now have one planning period every two days to address the needs of the department.  I am also floating again.  BTS night was Thursday, with an a.m. session and a p.m. session.  I was at school on Wed. until 7 and on Thursday until 8.

As  retired teacher, I don't envy you. I remember how much work it was to get ready -- and then get things switched around last minute. URG.......

I missed AM Style this morning.....still getting used to socializing our new rescue puppy. Yesterday I went to the local mall, wandered into J.Jill and saw a dress I liked. I ordered it in tall online this morning -- beautiful black dress with a little lace on the sleeves.....my 50th high school reunion is coming up in a couple weeks....might work for that -- or so might the beige lace plain dress I have hanging in the closet. I will have to see which I like better. 

We have a birthday party to attend tomorrow afternoon that should be fun -- and church in the morning with my handbell ensemble playing as special music. Choir rehearsals and bell rehearsals start up this coming week, as do my harp students who come to me, and a piano student I teach at church (where I am director of music). Ramping up for life to begin again. The break was nice. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a good start to fall.